Thursday, April 20, 2006

Now a Two-way Street

I'm nervous about my "presentation" at the meeting today, if that's what it is. It's much easier to speak in front of strangers--and to be prepared! A non-critical audience would help too. Oh well, I'll be done with it by noon so I don't have much longer to stress about it.

I came home a couple of nights ago and our street was turned around backwards! By that I mean the parked cars were (mostly) all facing the opposite direction. My Mom's car had a ticket on it. Luckily it was just a warning ticket. They have made our street into a two-way instead of a one-way so now we have to park with traffic. It's because of the construction and traffic obstruction at one end of the street. They didn't seem to give much warning about the change, it just was suddenly a two-way and traffic flow and parking direction changed.

My new city seems pretty serious about parking too, as if you remember back, I got a $16 parking ticket for facing the wrong way on the avenue. We have alternate-side parking in effect and it goes back and forth. I think the street is a bit dangerous now. People are used to it being a one-way and cars are suddenly coming from both ways!

Last night at the Citizen's Police Academy I found out someone else will be riding with "my" cop on Friday! Should I be jealous, feel betrayed? Bet she will just fall into crush with him too, he's SUCH a cutie!

After the Academy session was over last night, it was 10:30 and dark outside. I was driving out of the police parking lot and it seemed a little dim. I got onto the main street and realized that my headlights were out! The jeep has done that a couple times before, it's some sort of electrical glitch that they can't seem to fix. So I had to turn on the brights, but my regular headlights worked by the time I got home, a few blocks later.

THAT was not good--to drive from the police parking lot with no headlights, geez. Wonder if my new cop friends would have picked me up and given a citation for it? I bet they would have!

We covered Patrol Operations last night, and that's a wide area. If I have enough time, I'll write some about it tomorrow. I can't wait until today is over, and tomorrow too, and then a weekend. I guess I'm wishing my life (time) away. Happy Thursday to you!

13 Comments:

Blogger Fizzy said...

Happy Thursday to you PBS.
Roll on the Weekend too.
How can they change the direction/traffic flow of a street without prior notice? All seems a bit dangerous to me.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I CANNOT wait for the weekend....I am SO READY for it!

And I bet you could take that hussy that's going to be riding with your cop! ;)

7:17 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I get the weekend before you! I can tell you now, it will be good :o)

7:47 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

You mean you're not above the law now? That class is pointless. :p

10:00 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Car troubles are the worst!
Best of luck with the presentation, I'm sure that you will do a fantastic job.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thursday PBS. Can't wait to hear about your class.

12:37 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Hope your presentation went well, I am sure you did fine.

Is there any way you can switch the other girl for YOUR cop? Oh, maybe that would be too obvious, huh?

1:10 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I hope all went well with your presentation...I bet you did great!

I woulda been panicking about my head lights being out, I can barely see well when they're going, let alone when they're not lol

I too am looking forward to the weekend, although I wish it was one where I had absolutely nothing to do...when DO those kinda weekends happen??

2:30 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

that class has sure jazzed up your life!

5:46 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

they recently turned my friend's street to a ONE way. messed me all up...

9:19 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

we got a parking ticket in beverley hills for parking the wrong way in the bay, aparantly its so they can see your licence plate easily...

could you poison the girl whos going to the ride along, then you can take her place...lol

2:37 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Good luck with your presentation!

3:22 AM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

I was thinking along the same lines as Grant. If you can't "name drop" what good is it? hahaha

Guess that's just not the point of the class, is it?

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home