Friday, August 26, 2005

An empty weekend?

Finished my morning shower and am now eating the remaining strawberries while making tea. I make two pots for my son each day and refrigerate them. I drink most of my daily tea at work, now that I have but one cup of coffee. Am drinking (and savoring, because it's the first and last cup I'll get today!) right now.

Friday at last! This started out to be a pretty quick week but then began to lag in the middle. Coincidentally this coincided with no new visits to the farm! Vegetable Man and I are on drastically different work schedules and live some distance apart. Nightly rendezvous are out of the question. Once or twice a week will probably be it for connecting frequency.

So my ambitious plans for this weekend are to catch up on my sleep, buy a great birthday gift for my Mom and meet with the Scone Club on Saturday. I hope Vegetable Man fits in there somewhere, not sure yet.

The season certainly is changing. Now I'm sorry that I ever complained about those hot days! Where did they go? It's cooler and windy, feels like autumn. I want summer back!

This joke reminded me of when I lived in Florida and got stopped twice for speeding within a short amount of time (and only warned each time). Good thing it wasn't the same State Trooper each time!

from my E-mail
Still a quick thinker
A senior citizen in Florida bought a brand new Mercedes convertible. He took off down the road, flooring it to 80 mph and enjoying the wind blowing through what little hair he had left on his head.

"This is great," he thought as he roared down I-75. He pushed the pedal to the metal even more. Then he looked in his rear view mirror and saw a highway patrol trooper behind him, blue lights flashing and siren blaring. "I can get away from him with no problem"thought the man and he tromped it some more and flew down the road at over 100 mph.

Then 110, 120 mph! Then he thought, "What am I doing? I'm too old for this kind of thing." He pulled over to the side of the road and waited for the trooper to catch up with him. The trooper pulled in behind the Mercedes and walked up to the man "Sir," he said, looking at his watch. "My shift ends in 30 minutes and today is Friday. If you can give me a reason why you were speeding that I've never heard before, I'll let you go."

The man looked at the trooper and said, "Years ago my wife ran off with a Florida state trooper, and I thought you were bringing her back." The trooper replied, "Sir, have a nice day."

Pah! This is a boring post, sorry. Work is still hellish and not much to look forward to this weekend. Do you have some great plans for this weekend? I hope so, and hope I get to read all about them. Have a good one!

17 Comments:

Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

its raining here and i'm supposed to be camping this weekend, i'm not sure we can get out of it either...

hope you find the perfect gift for your mom, when is her birthday...???

have a great weekend...and hope you manage to squeeze in veggie man...!!!

:0)

6:26 AM  
Blogger dan said...

i had to take the music down

have a good weekend.

katya, the rain will stop. it always does for august bank holiday.

7:30 AM  
Blogger dan said...

sorry, you noticed that.

crossed connections and all that.

buy your mom flowers. works every time.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I like hearing about your scone club visits. I miss having a group of friends like that.
I really hope you catch up with Vegetable man at some point.
We have a good Saturday planned(I hope to post about it later so I will keep you in suspense) Monday is our August Bank Holiday (public holiday) so that is will make it a lovely weekend. I just hope it doesn't rain. (you know the UK's reputation for raining at the weong time)
Enjoy your weekend

7:55 AM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

I hate to use the term LOL but I laughed out loud at your joke. I love weekends because hubbie is home with me. But, my diet always goes to heck in a handbasket on the weekend. Boo hoo.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

hilarious. Love the joke!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

It is not a boring post, so stop it! :)

With Hurricane Katrina just south of us (and then hitting just north of us on Monday), it looks like it's going to be one RAINY weekend for us. I told the PK to go rent about 7 or 8 movies because it looks like we'll be inside most of the weekend.

I'm a coffee drinker myself...but I always keep a gollon of tea at The Peanut Palace for The PK.

Hope it works out for you and the Vegetable Man...;)

10:53 AM  
Blogger Morgan said...

It is raining here today, hopefully it will stop before tomorrow. We're going to the upper part of the state, close to Canada, to look at a house we may buy.

Good luck with vegetable man. Buy your mom an old movie of her favorite star. My mom really liked Frank Sinatra. One year I found a three VHS tape collection of him performing in various clubs. She loved it.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I'll be finding someway to pay £350 for my car MOT. You may find me selling my soul on EBay!!
Have a great weekend. Hope you see the veggie man!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I was going to ask what the Scone Club was all about, but it seems it's something written about in here that I'll have to go hunt for.

Love the joke, had a good laugh at that.

Good luck to you and veggie man managing to get some time together over the weekend.

1:52 PM  
Blogger katie said...

Have a great weekend. I can't say that I have any earth shattering plans, but I'll try to do something interesting, just for you!
Hope you get to see the veggy man!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I liked the joke. It's perfect to pass on to my Mom. Thanks.
I had planned on canoeing to either Hawaii or Australia on the weekend but since I don't own a canoe I'll probably just watch tv or something.
Hope you have a good weekend..

3:46 PM  
Blogger Carol (Smiles and Laughter) said...

HA! Cute joke.

Hope you have a great weekend!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

My plan for the weekend is to get over my week.

9:32 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

it's just drizzly here, but we're just getting ready for school Monday...that should take about the entire weekend. i hope you enjoy your weekend.

unrelated, and with all respect, i need to add that i just noticed that mayube rafe was having the farm drreams because of YOU! ;)

10:52 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

You don't get a very long summer do you? Be sure to tell us about the scones offered and Happy B-day to your Mom. Good weekend to you.

2:27 AM  
Blogger PBS said...

Katya: Hope the rain stays away (bugs too!) and you have a good time out camping.

Dan: Good suggestion! I bought her a dozen red roses and she loved them, thanks!

Fizzy: I can't wait to read all about your weekend!

Hick: It's so hard to keep eating right. Cutting down on my coffee intake really helped, though.

Red Hot: Hey thanks!

Peanut Queen: Hope Hurricane
Katrina stays far, far away from you!

Morgan: Good luck with the house, hope you find a great one!

Aims: Your soul would be worth a lot. Wonder if there would be any takers?

Lisa: Thanks, hope your weekend is good, too.

Katie: Good, hope to read all about it!

HB2: That would be quite the canoe trip!

Carol: Hope you had a super weekend!

Lorna: Me too, that's why I love weekends.

That Girl: I'd never even considered that...naw, it was either V or you, probably YOU!

Sumo: No scones on Saturday :( but I did have fast food and chips and dip!

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home