Monday, August 15, 2005

Moan day

I stopped and shopped again on the way home from my Mom’s. Don’t know why, but I have this urge to spend money! Most of the things I bought were small and needed items. But I also bought a new shower curtain. It’s a Joe Boxer one to replace the once beautiful Martha Stewart one that had ties instead of curtain rings. I really liked our old shower curtain but the rusty water did a number on the pale yellow, so it’s not nice looking any more. The new one is dark blue and I’m hoping the water stains won’t show. I also bought a new, matching bath towel. It may seem weird to buy only one, but my old towels still match, so I refrained from going too crazy at buying things. That particular line was 20% off so I did save money. Maybe I should have gotten a rug, some face clothes and more bath towels! No, actually it’s a good thing I didn’t. Payday is still a week away and there are bills to pay coming up this week.

It’s going to be a crazy day at work. One of the registration deadlines is coming up and I had been getting non-stop phone calls and E-mails asking questions last week already. It does make the day go by fast. We also have a staff meeting regarding the upcoming convention. I probably will have to discuss our trip (from hell!) and the meetings with registration and hotel staff. Good thing I got some of the bitterness and anger out last week! The meeting will be an interruption and an inconvenience in a busy day. Plus I will have to take notes and do the minutes afterwards. At least I’m coming off of a super duper great weekend! Hope yours was good, too.

From my E-mail:
Oneliners
Even if the voices aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another.

The most adorable bride of today will be someone's mother-in-law in the future.

Punctual people have nothing better to do.

People who want by the yard, but try by the inch, should be kicked by the foot!

Nothing tastes as good as slim feels.

Save time . . . see it my way.

The only thing you have to do is breathe; Everything else is just optional.

People spend their health for wealth . . . then spend their wealth for health.

Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.

Nobody plans to fail, they just fail to plan.

Worry is interest paid in advance for a debt you may never owe.

Nothing shows a person's character more than what he/she laughs at.

The closest some people ever get to a 4.0 in school is their blood alcohol content.

The most precious thing we have is life. Yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.

Every time I walk into a singles bar, I can hear Mom's wise words: "Don't pick that up!! You don't know where it's been!!"

13 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Doesn't sound like too much of a shopping binge. Hope your day goes well.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

sounds like you had a good weekend...i should post some piccies on wednesday, thats if i can figure out how to stop the flash, as my ring is so sparkly its just coming out blurry...lol

:0)

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you.

Sorry thought I'd just share my fave email thingy with you! Loving yours too!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Sounds like the weekend went well. 4.0 alcohol level your dead but happy.LOL
Have nice week

2:51 PM  
Blogger elle said...

Cute one-liners!!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I love buying new bathroom things. I don't like that the towels I buy seem to fade so fast. I love the bright, vibrant colors!

I like the one-liners too.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

SOunds like you have had a good weekend. Meeting friends and buying bits and bobs.

sorry I havn't been over for a while.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

good one-liners; my wisdom always seems to take 800 words and a couple of years to have the same impact.

6:20 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

This was a good day to get a Joe Boxer shower curtain because I am wearing my Joe Boxer shorts.

Thanks for the visit to Ol' Hoss.

(Does PBS know you have copped onto their moniker?)

6:21 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Hope you have a good week. I just read your trip story. Yuck..

6:57 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yay for 20% off sales! Really enjoyed reading those one liners...especially "Even if the voices aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas" and "The most precious thing we have is life. Yet it has absolutely no trade-in value"

Enjoy your new shower curtain!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Love the one-liners! Also had never seen the term "Moan day" before... that is a term I shall put to good use in the future!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Every time I walk into a singles bar, I can hear Mom's wise words: "Don't pick that up!! You don't know where it's been!!"

I love it

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home