Thursday, August 04, 2005

Barriers to Blogging

The good news is, we got rain, quite a lot of it. That's very good because we needed some so badly. The bad news is the high winds (had a tornado watch) knocked out our telephone service. Since we’re on a dial-up that meant no posting or even making blog rounds this morning. I missed you all!

The sky was a pretty, but weird greenish color and trees bent over. I had left work later than normal and got caught in the downpour while walking to my car and was soaked. Then on the way home there were two different accidents on the freeway, probably because parts of the freeway were covered in water. I just put the jeep in four-wheel drive and went through OK but cars had trouble navigating. Neither accident looked to be more than a fender-bender but the traffic was stopped while we were slowly waved around the scene.

Yesterday was rather hellish at work. I don’t think my favorite co-worker is my favorite anymore! I just wrote a long tirade about Bosszila, but what's the use. It really isn't that interesting to read about! So, lucky for you it's been deleted! Actually, after I wrote it all down, I feel a lot better, so never mind!

At home we’re stepping around a huge lake of spilled water. I had noticed a little spot of wetness on the carpet yesterday and mopped it up with paper towels (yes, I have sunk to using them at home sometimes…) but when I got home last night the little spill had turned into a large wetland. Turns out one of the storage water bottles was leaking and had emptied a half-gallon of water into the carpet! Not so good, as my brand-new computer is on the floor nearby. Luckily, it’s escaped harm. The fan is not drying out the area very quickly yet maybe because the humidity is so high. Actually it’s rather surprising that we don’t have water bottle leaks more often, with all of the water carried into the house and stored around. But we don’t, it’s only happened once before in almost five years, and that was a minor leak.

And I got dressed in the dark this morning. Hope I don’t LOOK like I dressed in the dark! The light fixture in the bathroom finally went after we had had coaxing it along for quite awhile. The bathroom is quite dark with the door shut, as it has no windows. I could use a candle until we can get an electrician to come over to fix it, but it’s such a small, crowded area that it might be hard to avoid knocking into an open flame while getting dressed in cramped quarters (about the size of a toilet stall). I’m going to be gone out of town a couple days next week for work so may not be able to get it fixed by then. As anyone who lives out in the country knows, it’s not that easy to get repair people out to fix things!

I stopped for groceries on the way home tonight and ran into a parade! I've have no idea what sort of parade it was or why, I should have asked the cashier at the grocery store. Then, after arriving home I brought the food in, started dinner, did the recycling and the garbage, put the ferrets out, carried Ricky's cage outside and now I can sit and relax! And eat dinner pretty soon, too. Hope your day was a good one!

7 Comments:

Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Glad your computer didn't get wet. The weather here has been better the last two days, finally..

6:26 PM  
Blogger angela marie said...

We need some rain!

Boy, you make me sound like some lazy bitch. You work too hard, methinks! :)

8:26 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I'm with Angela. Your day sounds exhausting.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

The barriers don't seem to slow you down too very much. Blog on!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

Sounds like a pretty busy day.
Do you have to store all your water?
I hope you got some sort of rest.

2:04 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

sorry you got so wet, its terrible when it soaks you thru to the skin...glad you got your work worries off your chest too, writing things down always helps me...and you are always so busy and on the go, i feel so lazy when you post about your day...lol

:0)

2:35 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Are you getting anymore flack at work? It sounds like the atmosphere may have changed recently with the Gestapo arriving...wink wink!

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home