Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Location Location Location

First day at the new blog. So what happened to the old one, you ask? Monday I discovered that they were indeed logging my blogging at my job! There’s a guy in IT whose only job is tracking what we are doing!

While I had suspected that might be the case, it was a far cry from actually confirming it. I feel violated. Although nothing I wrote was too derogatory, just the various mentions of things now makes me cringe. They read my little comments about my favorite co-worker? When I talked about the meetings or my boss? Even personal stuff—things I wouldn’t be telling people at work, yikes! It all makes me very uncomfortable.

I can never, ever blog at work again. It’s such a shame. That’s how I kept up (mostly) with my Blogroll. I went into work quite early and often finished making the daily blog-rounds before I was required to start work. During the day while on the phone, I’d check back and catch some more blogs.

I can’t and won’t be doing that now. In the morning at home I’m lucky if I have the time to hit more than one or two blogs before I have to leave for work. This will be quite a change for me.

Sorry about the new location and the new link, I know that’s a hassle to change. I hope you won’t forget about me! I’m just trying to make it hard for “them” to find me again! So anything about my location has also been removed, too bad, I really liked the little weather thingy!

from my E-mail
Popular Sayings, modified by the Internet
- Home is where you hang your @
- The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
- A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click.
- You can't teach a new mouse old clicks.
- Great groups from little icons grow.
- Speak softly and carry a cellular phone.
- C: is the root of all directories.
- Don't put all your hypes in one home page.
- Pentium wise; pen and paper foolish.
- The modem is the message.
- Too many clicks spoil the browse.
- The geek shall inherit the earth.
- A chat has nine lives.
- Don't byte off more than you can view.
- Fax is stranger than fiction.
- What boots up must come down.
- Windows will never cease.
- In Gates we trust.
- Virtual reality is its own reward.
- Modulation in all things.
- A user and his leisure time are soon parted.
- Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.
- There's no place like http://www.home.com
- Know what to expect before you connect.
- Oh, what a tangled Web site we weave when first we practice.
- Speed thrills.

17 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Well, to be frank with you..."That SUCKS".

I sometimes wonder if they track what I do here at work too (I come in extra early and blog...check other blogs during my breaks, etc.)

If I can't blog from work, it's doubtful that I will ever get the chance to blog at home due to a sucky internet connection and a computer-jealous hubby.

At least you're still blogging!!! Don't go anywhere...I love your daily blogs! :)

6:13 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Oh, I will be sure to change your link, thanks for letting me know. That really sucks about work.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

off to change my links now...are you going to delete the other blog, i think you can...

keep on blogging, we will all still stop by no matter what...i'm glad i work for a small company...

:0)

6:23 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I am sorry that this has happened to you... the nitwits.

Don't give it up we like your daily vists as well as visiting you

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That bloody sucks... Links have been changed.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

What a pain for you!

8:07 AM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

i'll adjust the link too...now that you've scared the shit out of me!!! i know my IS department must be reading...

8:12 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I added the new link.
I think most business's do monitor computer traffic. But I think it's usually to insure that employees with computers are spending part of their day actually working,tee,hee.
I wouldn't worry about it if I was you. You don't write derogatory stuff about your workplace..

8:13 AM  
Blogger dan said...

Whhhhaaatttt??????

That is absolutely disgusting what they have done to you.

It's a breach of your human rights.

It sucks.

Oh well, glad you're not quitting blogging. Willupdate my links ASAP.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

Some people's kids...I tell ya.

I'll change my link.

6:09 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

That blows. I hate the fact that companies spend ever increasing amounts of time & resources tracking their employees' every move. If people get the job done, what's the big deal? And if there's not enough work to do to fill up the day, either let the worker leave early or shut up. We're not robots. Yet.

8:04 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

Thanks for the words of consolation and support! It was kind of a shock to me to find out the details--our management obviously doesn't have enough work to do! They track us and get daily reports, which they carefully check out! So they were reading me all right, how icky is that? So now I'm in hiding....

8:54 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

I wonder if I'll have time to blog when I get back to work? Thanks for visiting me in Mimico, pb. I hope you don't get in trouble at work.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

loved the list; hate the need for a change.

11:05 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Out of curiosity I went to look at your profile and saw the "hiding" in occupation and it made me laugh so HARD! I'm sure you feel like a filthy beast about it all...but you didn't bag much on them. I mostly remember you saying a few things about co-workers leaving and not being left with likeable ones. I mean it's not like you are giving away government secrets and outing CIA operatives! Heh heh! Cheer up...you could be dead. That may be odd humor...but it works for me in trying times.

3:06 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

I have updated you!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Blue I was traumatized yesterday when I finally got to visit your (old) site and WHAM... gone. Holy fiber optics!
Glad you're here and so sorry your job deemed it necessary to pry into your Internet wanderings. That's really lousy.

I'll fix my link to you today. Just happy you're still blogging at all.

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home