Sunday, August 07, 2005

B'bye, back later this week

Getting ready to go to my Mom's later. I'm still not packed for the work trip but did do a couple of errands yesterday. As soon as I come back I need to finalyze my packing--see, thinking work already!

Squeezed in the regular Saturday coffee shop stop with friends. One has just returned from a work trip and vowed "never again!" but of course she will go next time, too. Had some other friends who were supposed to come over yesterday. That's a VERY BIG DEAL up here, because as I've said, this place isn't visitor-friendly. I would have preferred to just meet up somewhere but they were out driving and said they'd be by in a half hour! Panic ensued as I tried to get the bathroom to look vaguely like a normal bathroom and also the rest of the house. I had clothes draped around, trying to figure out what to bring for the trip. The suitcase was on the couch, open and little piles nearby it. I had just returned home from the coffee shop jaunt and still had to take the little animals outside and water the gardens. My son was coming home for lunch so I made some easy food that would be enough for company. Son came, ate and left for work again. Two hours went by and finally I called the visit-threatening friends. They had gone home and had fallen asleep!

Even though it's for work, the trip will be a good break from my normal work routine. And it will be really nice to be away from the kitchen, cooking and doing dishes are not my favorite activities!

from my E-mail
Signs Found In Kitchens
1. Kitchen closed - - this chick has had it!
2. Martha Stewart doesn't live here!
3. I'm creative; you can't expect me to be neat too!
4. So this isn't Home Sweet Home... Adjust!
5. Ring Bell for Maid Service...If no answer do it yourself!
6. I clean house every other day.... Today is the other day!
7. If you write in the dust, please don't date it!
8. I would cook dinner but I can't find the can opener!
9. My house was clean last week, too bad you missed it!
10. A clean kitchen is the sign of a wasted life.
11. COOK CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!
12. I came, I saw, I decided to order take out.
13. If you don't like my standards of cooking...lower your standards.
14. You may touch the dust in this house...but please don't write in it!
15. Apology...Although you'll find our house a mess, come in, sit down, converse. It doesn't always look like this: Some days it's even worse.
16. A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen, and this kitchen is delirious.
17. If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap.

20 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Have a good trip.

6:37 AM  
Blogger dan said...

"A clean kitchen is the sign of a wasted life."

Well, I'm not wasting mine then.

Enjoy your trip.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Rhodester said...

I could use ANY of those signs!

BTW, we have a friend who does that- says he'll call and/or come by, then goes home and goes to sleep, without letting us know that's what he's done. It's just a *little* annoying :-)

11:39 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Enjoy your trip if you can---sometimes the enjoyable part happens without planning, and hopefully, without stress. I always loved travelling for work but that's because I lurrrrve those McDonald breakfasts.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those kitchen signs!
Have a good trip!

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good trip PBS!! My kitchen would make some people sick, as in it's too clean! :)

2:03 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Heh, i love no 10!
Have a safe trip, enjoy!

9:50 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Don't you hate when people do that to you...and you get worked up for nothing when they don't show up. But the relief when they don't show up is so sweet! And kitchens? Bah! Have a good time...and don't forget those trip trinkets!

3:04 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

LOL, love the kitchen signs.

Have a great trip!

3:51 AM  
Blogger The Anti-Wife said...

Have a wonderful trip...and thank you so very much for your support. It truly means something.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Have a great trip! :)

P.S. I'm having those signs painted in big letters on the wall of my kitchen...I LOVE 'em! :)

8:52 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

It just makes me so angry when friends say they are coming by and I waste my time cleaning the house and then they don't show up. Sheesh.
Anyways have a good trip..

9:04 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Have a great trip!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

As per usual, I bring up the rear (comment-wise) and am wayyy too late to wish you well on your trip. Even though it's work-related, I hope all went well and you crammed in some time for your own bad self.

Catch ya on the rebound.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I like the "clean kitchen is a sign of a wasted life" too. I'm not wasting any time here.

Enjoy your trip.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Memphis said...

I just got here and you're leaving?! I hadn't encountered you and now that I'm here I look at your blogroll and think, "wow, those are all good blogs." I think I need to come back when you get back and see what you're up to.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

hope you are having a fab trip, any of those signs could be hung in our house...lol

:0)

10:19 AM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

Hope ya have a good'n.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

Have a good trip. I loved the kitchen signs, they are very apprpriate to my kitchen skills. I ahd a sign up my kitchen that said "If you can't smell burning it must be salad. "
look forward to hearing about your trip

12:00 PM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Hope you're having a great time!

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home