Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Restless Feet Syndrome

Ah yes, life is very comfortable here in my new apartment. And it's not really so new anymore, I've been living here for going on six months already--nearly half a year!

Tomatoes, garlic, chives, lettuce and herbs all grew on the wide windowsills. The herbs had a drastic decline but are re-rallying back again. The Farmer's Market is across the street and all summer I went there for fresh produce. In fact squash, thinly sliced with sea salt, black pepper and olive oil is baking in the oven right now.

Life is good, almost too good in that it has become too predictable, too easy. I like a challenge. Nothing horrendous, you understand. There are many challenges, like health problems, family difficulties, work horrors, that I would not like to have or to revisit. I'd like a worthy and interesting challenge.

In that vein, I drove out to the country to look at a cabin. It was a cabin in the woods, very scenic, quite lovely. It also has no running water or indoor plumbing and has wood heat. Now that would be quite the challenge and maybe would be a little too much roughing it for me, like the experiment of trying to sleep on a yoga mat!


So the question(s) for today are:

--Are YOU the type of person who enjoys a challenge?

--What sort(s) of challenges do you enjoy accepting and handling?

6 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Life is pretty well a challenge without going looking too much. At least sometimes.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Memphis said...

For me it depends on the challenge. I have run a few races that people challenged me to do. And right now I've challenged myself to relearn the guitar and get better than I used to be. So far I'm failing, but I'm not giving up.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

For me, the daily challenge includes keeping a healthy attitude about life, loving and living as well as remaining fit.

11:47 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Hi PBS...it's Sumo...not sure my avatar will pop up since it's been so long since I blogged. I have been thinking of you and your little one wondering how things are. Hope all is well...as well as can be expected these days eh? Drop by again and let me know how you are doing!

2:09 AM  
Blogger molly said...

Good to see you out and about again! Your new place sounds lovely. I'm volunteering as your roommate! I'll be very quiet and pick up after myself---you'll hardly know I'm there....That way I could maybe get away, for a while, from the uber-challenging environment here!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Jane Leu Rekas said...

looks like I can leave a comment, today :)

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home