Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Moving Fast

Life has been hectic. Mostly a good hectic, but some other mixed in: Interviews, reject letters, second-opinion doctor visit, and work, lots of work. My bosses are aware of my job hunting and are giving me more hours! Another job interview tomorrow morning, working and training in the afternoon and a County exam for a job at 5:30. Another busy day coming up! How is YOUR life going? Has it also seemed to speed up suddenly?

Some jokes from a website:

What It Means

Five year old Becky answered the door when the Census taker came by.

She told the Census taker that her daddy was a doctor and wasn't home, because he was performing an appendectomy.

"My," said the census taker, "that sure is a big word for such a little girl. Do you know what it means?"

"Sure! Fifteen hundred bucks, and that doesn't even include the anaesthesiologist!"


George and Moses

George W. Bush, in an airport lobby, noticed a man in a long flowing white robe with a long flowing white beard and flowing white hair. The man had a staff in one hand and some stone tablets under the other arm.

George W. approached the man and inquired, "Aren't you Moses."

The man ignored George W. and stared at the ceiling.

George W. positioned himself more directly in the man's view and asked again, "Aren't you Moses".

The man continued to peruse the ceiling.

George W. tugged at the man's sleeve and asked once again, "Aren't you Moses".

The man finally responded in an irritated voice, "Yes I am".

George W. asked him why he was so uppity and the man replied, "The last time a bush spoke to me I ended up spending forty years in the wilderness".

Road Repair

The road by my house was in bad condition. Every day, I dodged potholes on the way to work, so I was relieved to see a construction crew working on the road one morning.

Later, on my way home, I noticed the men were gone and no improvement in the road. Where the crew had been working stood a new, bright-yellow sign with the words, "Rough Road."


and my favorite joke...


It's a Girl


Stationed in Okinawa, Japan, my son and his wife were expecting their first baby. I was elated when he called me at work with the news of my grandchild's birth. I took down all the statistics and turned to relate it all to my co-workers.

"I'm a grandmother!" I declared. "It's a baby girl, and she weighs five pounds."

"When was she born?" someone asked.

Recalling the date my son told me, I stopped, looked at the calendar, and said in amazement, "Tomorrow!"

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

Something's gonna turn up for you. Keep on keeping on

9:56 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

I appreciate the jokes. Work has been brutal for me lately so a little humor is always appreciated.

10:12 AM  
Blogger molly said...

Good luck with the exam and the interviews! Loved the "Bush" joke!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Keep at the job hunt. I'll be doing it myself in a month or so. And my partner's just been laid off, so he's doing it right now!

12:01 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

LOL.

I hope life slows down for you, stop and take time to smell the coffee.

And a good job is just waiting for you!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Ah...job hunting. Not for the faint hearted.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My Thoughts and Prayers for a successful job search! You deserve something very nice!!! :)

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good things come to those who wait....isn't that what they say? I think it's high time your wait was over but in the meantime good luck with the exam and interviews. I'm sure you will ace it.

Great jokes especially the bush one.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Middle Ditch said...

Great jokes! I really like the bush one. Good luck with the exam.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

HA HA HA LOVED THE LAST ONE!!

Seems that you are on go alot.
I hope one of those jobs pays off and you could slow donw a bit.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Thanks for the smiles! I needed them. :)

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home