Sunday, January 25, 2009

Smoking

Two jokes, one terrible and the other sort of funny:

Social Worker vs. Pitt Bull
What's the difference between a social worker and a pitt bull terrier?

At least you can get part of your baby back from the pitt bull

(Sorry to PQ--I know Pitt Bulls are really a great dog...)


Bald Eagle
How do you identify a bald eagle?

All his feathers are combed over to one side.

Well, it's been. Been what? Well, hard to go into it all. Imagine standing on the road with a stalled car at -20F (actual temp, the windchill was even worse), imagine it again, and one more time. The car kept stalling as I was trying to get back home and then to the garage. Then imagine standing alongside of a car that's billowing black smoke. Fun. And I thought I'd dressed warm for the weather. Certainly not. After 45-minutes out there I couldn't feel my hands or feet.

Although I already had an appointment at the garage for the following afternoon, I had thought I could avoid a tow, but it was not to be. The tow truck driver was nice and dropped SLA at her apt and me at home. By the time we were done fooling around with all of that, it had been several hours.

I had an interview scheduled for the following day too. I was going to bring the car in right after it, and now--no car. Taking the bus isn't really such a big deal, many people take it every day. But I hadn't ridden the bus for close to two years, had to get all dressed up in the suit and carry a satchel and I'm still using a cane and limping. Plus it was still -20F and cold for waiting for the bus and walking around out there. But I'm proud to say that I made it to the interview (and back--had a WC person waiting for me at home, in fact) and am waiting to hear back from them.

Have another interview this week and had one (diff one) last week. At least I have the car for this upcoming one and had it for the last interview. I've been netting lots of interviews lately but the employers are interviewing HORDES of people for each position, so I haven't gotten one yet. But have not given up hope. It helps that I really love my present job.

I'm getting ready for work and won't be able to make bloggy rounds yet but hope all of you are having a great year so far!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Grant said...

I have to start the job hunt again for the first time in eight years. Bleah. Good luck.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

I hope one of the interviews nets you a great job. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

The jokes were funny...bad but funny!

9:52 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Sucks about your car! BTDT too many times to count.

And good luck on the job hunt!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

good luck with your interviews. I loved the bald eagle joke!

4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope something comes up for you soon on the job front although it is good that you like the one you have. It's almost a full time job looking for a job isn't it?

5:15 AM  
Blogger molly said...

Tales like this make me glad I live in FL..... Your bald eagle joke is a hoot! Stay warm....

11:05 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

I know one of these days you are going to come on here and tell us you got the job you wanted

4:30 PM  
Blogger Middle Ditch said...

Keep warm, and good luck with the hunt for a job. It's not easy when there are so many applying for it. Fingers crossed

1:18 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

HAHAHA cute jokes! I always hear some hilarious jokes at ork,but for some reason,my mind just won't absorb them!!LOL
Whoa!EeeeK! I can't imagine LIVING with that sort of weather!Muchless breaking down and having to be out in it!! Man-o-man!Sorry to hear that.
I know EXACTLY what u mean about not bering able to check on your blog-buds cuz of lack of time between work...or so I gathered when u mentioned u had to get ready for work.Seems like I always have to end a post or comment b/c of being on the run.Sheesh! I miss the days when I could spend more time online and not have to be in a hurry.
Good luck on your job hunt Grant,if you pop back in.
Take care....and good luck on getting your wheels back on the road.OMG,I hate when my ride is down.Keep us posted,hun.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Dotm said...

Tough when your car breaks down, even worse in this cold weather. It was a cold wind here also today.
Good luck with the job interviews. Hope you find a good paying one with good hours and nice benefits and one that you enjoy.

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home