Monday, January 12, 2009

The Birthday Quiz Key

Well here it is, the Birthday Quiz Key. This is your last chance to quickly think up 5 items related to a birthday party, if you haven't already done so.

Actually, after I'd thought of 5 things and read the key--I wished that I would have gone further and named 10 items (if I could have thought of that many things quickly) because the answers and the ordering were so intriguing. Yes, I know the quiz was just for fun but it seemed to work quite well, for me, anyway. The order of life priorities was something to think about.



Last chance to quickly think up 5 items related to a birthday party.....

















The Birthday Quiz Key

Age = the past
Balloons = adventure, change
Birthday honoree = self, ego
Bows = tradition
Cake = material comforts
Candles = personal connections
Cards = feelings/emotion
Decorations = physical, the body
Drinks = fun, sports or hobbies
Games = work or career
Gifts = helping others, altruism
Guests = intimate relationships
Hats = humor
Ice Cream = ambition
Invitations = manners, social niceties
Paper Plates = worries, concerns
Party = family
Party Favors = community, neighbors
Ribbons = organization and order
Sleepover = children
Song = communication
Toasts = optimism and planning ahead
Wrapping Paper = style, appearances


Mine were:
1) Balloons
2) Cake
3) Candles
4) The Happy Birthday Song (Song)
5) Birthday Hats (Hats)

And no, the answer “Birthday Suit” did not have a corresponding key. Some of the answers were kind of logical and others, more like, huh? Glad I didn't think of paper plates. Try this quiz on your friends—it’s fun. I did! It seemed to promote a lot of discussion.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

sounds cool. I guess it's too late to do it once you've seen the key, isn't it?

2:55 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

My #1 thought (hot Asian women in lingerie and bunny ears) was sadly overlooked, so the list is invalid. Cake, drinks, decorations, and balloons came next.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

How could I have forgotten balloons?

4:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay:
1. The person whose birthday it is!
2. The present you brought along!
3. Their reaction to the gift!
4. The Cake!
5. The card you chose!

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How on earth did I forget to sing Happy Birthday? I was surprised that material comforts were my top priority.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Middle Ditch said...

X

1:10 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

darn,I was gona post my 5 here,but I'd feel like a big cvheater since I scrolled down and read the list.LOL

11:37 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Birthday suit was my first answer :( It probably means something like, enjoys all things naked? Just a guess. LOL!

Have a great weekend!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home