Saturday, November 29, 2008

So quiet

It's so quiet with son and grandson and ex-dog gone that I've had the TV on for most of the evening. Since I got home from taking Mom out, like I do every Saturday, anyway. I'd been on a sort of TV diet, had it on only about 2 or 3 times in the past month. The police radio has been off all of that time too. Just wanted the quiet. But now it feels odd and sort of wrong. Right now the background noise is sort of nice.

The visit was great and far too short, like always. Son had to work this weekend, he's in retail, and so had to return back to his home. How he managed to get Black Friday off, I don't know. That was a feat and I appreciate it! His girlfriend was working nearly the entire time he and grandson were gone. She really missed her sweetie and her baby. I don't blame her, I miss them now. Funny how quickly one becomes accustomed to having kids/grandkids around!

They only stayed for two nights, came late on Wednesday and left on Friday. He had many other friends and family to see (they all wanted to see grandbaby!) so while I got to see him, it wasn't for any extended amount of time.

Grandbaby LOVED the baby playland! We brought many of his favorite toys upstairs and he had a good time with them and in getting into other things.

Hope you had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving! I did.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always sad when the people we love to spend time with the most go home. Especially your grandbaby. They grow so fast and there are always new achievements and developments. It's such a shame your son no longer lives near you. Maybe one day?

4:56 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

Mine was nice and quiet - several days of rest and relaxation.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Middle Ditch said...

It's very quiet here but I am going to have my house full over X Mass and am really looking forward to it. Then, like you, when they have gone I will mope around the house for a while until I'm used to it again.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

Glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving.
I did too.I actually made two dessert's from scratch.
Banana pudding,and my famous green jello/cream cheese/pinapple/pecan dessert.I admit I did BUY the cherry pie.*wink*
I know its a bummer having to say goodebye to your kiddo's and grand-kiddo's,huh?
hug hug

3:29 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

You know that with a playland in your home, grandbaby's going to have extra motivation to go back and visit eh? Glad you had a great thanksgiving.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I am glad that you got to see your family at this time.
I think I am the opposite to you, although I quite like my time to myself, I do not like the quiet and the radio or TV is always on.

3:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I always remind friends who mis others that this is why God invented jet planes. Now you can look forward to their next visit! Meantime, enjoy the quiet time! :D)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear you had a good holiday. I hope the quiet doesn't make you lonely. I like to have a quiet day after a busy one.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home