Thursday, November 20, 2008

Build it and they will come

I've been putting together a play area downstairs in my son's old bedroom. My Mom likes to go to thrift stores and buy mystery books and while we're there, I've been picking up some baby toys. The toys are just like new, probably weren't used long before the child grew out of them. Since I've been around children a whole lot lately, I'm more up on what sort of toys are the favorites. Whenever I saw a toy that the children of around a year or so old at visitation loved, I nabbed it. Soon I had a wonderful playland downstairs, just waiting for a baby to come and play in it.

Well guess what? Yesterday I got a call from my son that he is coming with grandson to visit me for a few days next week! His girlfriend will be working (at double her normal wage, because of the holiday) so she can't come. That's really too bad as I really enjoy her company nearly as much as my son's. But---GRANDSON IS COMING!!!!
The playland will soon have a baby to play in it!

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger molly said...

It's always good news to hear the grandkids are coming to visit! He'll be so impressed with your facilities!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's exciting, PBS! And picking our cool toys. Children are so awesome and so are YOU! :)

9:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Have a great holiday with your family.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

I can just imagine how exciting it must be to have a little playland ready for the grandchild. I guess that's why kids' stuff is such a huge industry eh?

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen to how proud you are and how happy. That's wonderful that you at least get to spend some time with your son and your precious grandbaby.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

That's encouraging. I'm going to build a play area for Japanese high school girls in my closet right now.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Oh, good for you! Lovely news.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Dotm said...

Nice that your son is bringing the grandson to visit you. Sounds like you have everything ready and waiting for that little grandson.
It is a shame that they are so strict and can`t give you a break for just a few days. They are not that strict where i live. I think you do have to show you spent some days every week looking for work, but I never heard any one saying they couldn`t leave town for a few days. But, things might have changed her and I wouldn`t know.
You are such a great caring grandmother to have fixed up a toy room like that.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home