Friday, November 28, 2008

The Six Things Meme

Ordinary Girl who is not ordinary at all, has tagged me for the Six Things Meme. And you know how I feel about memes! (Love them)

These are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random, arbitrary things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

1. I grew up on a farm, in the country. Of course it would be hard to have a farm in the city! We do have an urban chickens movement around here. The proposal went to the City Council several times and now, with a signed document from all of your neighbors, one can apply and pay for a permit to keep chickens in town. I like chickens but won’t be doing that.

2. The farm that I grew up on wasn’t the usual type of farm with lots of livestock. We had chickens and ducks but that was only when I was quite young. The farm was a berry and vegetable farm, sort of like a truck farm. And it was lots of work, but I have fond memories of it now and really enjoy gardening.

3. Right now I have no pets, not a single living thing besides plants in the house. I do currently have a visiting dog. My ex-dog is here with son and grandson. The two people are gone visiting other relatives in the area so it’s just me and my ex-dog.

4. As much as I like and am interested in people, I really am kind of a loner at home. That’s my deep, dark secret. I need lots of space and alone time. Can’t stand to have someone else around all the time. My son, Pseudo Son and now Grandbaby are the only exceptions. That’s not been conducive to long-term relationships! That’s why when finances were tough this summer, getting a roommate was NOT a good option for me to consider.

5. Pursuant to that (always wanted to use that phrase!) I’m not looking for or interested in finding another man/partner, at least not for now.

6. I’ve been “connected” now and then over the years and even married for a while but have spent most of my life single. And like it that way!

This is the part where I’m supposed to tag six other victims, I mean, people! Any volunteers? Are there SIX volunteers? Anybody with deep, dark secrets?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ha! I'm also a bit of a loner, but as long as I can have some time alone in the week I do okay. Plus Matt and I get along really well so it's almost like he's an extension of me rather than another person.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Interesting, but I'm sure I've done this one or its twin. :)

2:59 PM  
Blogger molly said...

Fun to learn some more about you! I think before you can be really happy in a relationship with another person, you have to be at ease in your own company....

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love spending time on my own but it doesn't happen anywhere near often enough for my liking :) I'd like to live in a lighthouse for at least 3 months just to get my alone time fix but I can't see that happening either.

This was very enlightening and I enjoyed your answers very much.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

I know exactly what you mean about being a loner. The hardest part about being with my partner is simply that I um..SUCK at it.

I really think I am meant to live to alone in a small cottage by the sea. Well, my daughter could be with me...

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home