Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Intake Took

I'm still waiting to hear back when my training will occur. As part of it I get to shadow three different people. That will be fun! One of the Worker's Comp people called me today for a long chat. The other one is on vacation so I haven't heard from her yet this week, which is unusual. The university HR person called me twice this morning--each time to reschedule the interview. Right now it's tomorrow afternoon and I need to make sure my suit stills fits me and that I have nylons without runs in them.

Yesterday the employment intake took ("intake took" ha ha, I'm easily amused, which is lucky in the scheme of things!) two hours instead of the stated, half-hour. It was for a good reason though, as the big boss wanted to talk with me. That was a good conversation and I got a pretty good idea of some of the details and expectations of the position. I very nearly was LATE for the counseling appointment, though! Then SLA and I went out for dinner. She paid, since she's newly employed after not working for over a year. I had been picking up the tab for the both of us, but we weren't going out very often and went to the cheapest places (excepting for fast food--that's even cheaper but we don't need to be eating that). SLA had about four pit stops along the way but also threw in money for gas. Gas prices have stayed relatively low, compared to how high they've been. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I'd like to travel to see the kids again soon, once I find out my job schedule. Last night I had a dream about Grandson walking around!

So, how's Tuesday treating you so far?

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Oh great One said...

Congrats on the new job!

Tuesday is good so far! I hope yours is too!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I hope you really love your new job.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Dick said...

Thanks for your visit today. The job sounds good- what will you be doing, is it something new to you?

As to eating out, we have been doing that too much. Pat says we will be eating in more as it is healthier and she is tired of throwing unused food away every week with the garbage. Sounds good to me.

We're getting ready to head out on a week long RV trip to Eastern Washington. The long range forecast over there looks good so I expect that we will have a good time and it is always fun to head out on a trip.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Memphis said...

I hate all the testing and crap you have to go through for a job. HATE IT. But glad you have a new job all the same.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

First: Congratulations on the new job. Academia interviews tend to move along slowly. But I wish you great benefits and many new friends. Tuesday was good. But just slammed for time. lol!!!!!!!:)

1:29 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

I've been eating mostly Thai and Japanese food. It's slightly more expensive than fast food, but infinitely better tasting and better for you.

8:45 AM  
Blogger molly said...

Sounds like your life is at an exciting place right now. I wish you lots of luck and I look forward to vicariously enjoying your new job.
We go out to eat occasionally just to get together with friends. But our area is not exactly a hotbed of great restaurants [understatement!]so I'm just as happy cooking at home.....

10:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope the new job goes well and the interview as well.

My Tuesday was busy preparing for a 6am release this morning. Everything went well and I'm hoping to leave a little early today. I cleared my schedule today so I'd be available if there were any problems and I'm on call tonight in case the international offices have any problems in the middle of our night. Ugh!

I'm lookign forward to a nice, long nap in about 5 hours.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

Being paid to stalk people sounds like fun LOL
I hope you love it there.

I don't do fast food joints any more because if ound them just as expensive as some restaurants and rather their food when not cooking.
Can I lay some damage on a buffet for 8 bucks LOL

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home