Friday, September 19, 2008

Answering the call

Well, I've received the call. The Call--as in receiving a job offer! It's a part-time job but I lobbied heavily to the Worker's Comp agent on Wednesday to let me accept it. It would fill in the blank time (interviewers always were asking me, "so, what have you been doing since June?) plus it would be better to ease into FT employment again, if possible. The WC agent spent two hours at my house that day, giving me more job leads and asking questions about my latest job logs.

After much phone-calling to the main offices and waiting to hear back, I was allowed to accept the job. It was 5:00 PM by the time I returned to call to the new employer and so I had to leave them a message. By mid-Thursday they called me back and I was to call their HR office and set up an employment intake appointment. Which I did, it's for next Monday.

I was (a bit) worried whether I could locate my Social Security Card after six years and two moves but it was right where I remembered storing it, thank goodness! I used to carry the SS card with me but about 12 or so years ago we were cautioned not to do that anymore because of possible identity theft. So I found an alternate good place for it and actually remembered after six years where that was. Too bad I can't remember all those "good places" where I've stored various important documents!

Thursday was a red-letter day for yet another job-related reason: I got a call to interview for a position at the local 4-year university! Now that job I would totally love to obtain! The interview is next week, so we'll see about that.

Things seem to be moving along after being stalled for so long. I also have an Open House this Sunday, so have to get the house back in shape. It wasn't too bad, as I try to keep it ready to show at any time, but could use a few touch-ups.

Also, this week has been a great one for re-connecting with friends, got together with FOUR of them separately, at various times this week and talked to several more on the phone! One of my former clients called me, too. I had been tempted to call them since being fired but figured it might be inappropriate. But how nice that one of them called ME! Have a great super wonderful weekend you all!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Sounds positive. Good for you.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Doo Dah said...

YAY! Ya got a job!

Sounds like you are having a fantastic week!

Hope you have an even better weekend babe!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Great news on the part time job and have my fingers crossed on the job you want to get.

Everything is looking good for a change and who knows, this may be when the house gets sold to ;)

Have a nice weekend

1:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's great news, PBS. See? You just needed to start blogging again to have good news to report. ;)

I hope the interview next week goes super!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Rebecca Hickman said...

Best of luck to you! I love working at a university.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Great good luck to you....

8:54 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

good luck on the interview. Personally, I'd prefer to work part-time if I could afford to, even if I didn't have a kid. It leaves just enough time for my own interests.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oooooh you need a lottery ticket! It all sounds very positive, sending good vibes your way :o)

2:52 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

If I've read this right you must be starting your new part time job today. Good luck with it and for the interview for the uni job. It does seem like the tide is finally turning in your favour.

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home