Sunday, September 21, 2008

Open House today

The Open House is today, for an hour and a half this afternoon. I've been busy putting finishing touches (and stashing the magazines and paper I tend to accumulate!) to make it look attractive. I want someone to fall in love with it like I did, over two years ago!

Later: Oh bother! The water in the kitchen sink isn't running, neither the hot or the cold. I have no idea why. Every other sink and toilet and bathtub/shower water are all working like usual. The kitchen sink taps did that once before, a long time ago but mysteriously have worked fine ever since--until now. It WOULD happen less than an hour before the Open House! I swear this house just doesn't want to be sold! I wrote a note to the Real Estate Agent who's holding the Open House so he will know about the situation. Geez! Wish me luck!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Grant said...

I've heard that creating a pleasant aroma like baking cookies can add a nice touch.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

That's weird about the sink.
Were you doing laundry or somthing like that.
Sometime water gets diverted and there isn't enough to run out the taps.

I hope the Open House brings you a buyer :)

9:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope it all goes well!

The same thing happened with my sink, but then after I had the house up for rent it stopped working permanently and I had to call a plumber. :(

11:19 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I used to hate "Open Houses" when we were selling our house---I used to sit across the street at my brothers and see people going in and out, then get no offers. It was not easy to be charitable about those lurkers.

3:39 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Good luck with the open house. I'm sure someone will fall in love with it just like you did.

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home