Saturday, September 13, 2008

YIKE--Ike

Heard on the news briefly this morning that Texas is being slammed by Ike. I had so hoped that either the storm would dwindle into nothingness before landfall or divert to an area where no damage would be done. The news said there are a lot of people who were still there when the storm hit, and it's headed up through Arkansas the last I heard.

Can't they find a way to lessen the impact of these horrible (I refuse to call them--acts of god) manifestations of nature? Some time ago I watched a show about weather modification. It was on PBS, I think, and said that weather mod attempts had been going on since the dawn of humankind but that the scientists in Nazi Germany had actually figured out some methods that worked. The show talked about how a pulse of energy could be used as a weapon to turn weather bad and make bad weather worse. This pulse could be directed to a particular area in order to "attack" that location. Well, I wonder, is THAT what's been happening? Or is that just another conspiracy theory? What do you think?

I went early this morning to take a State exam in HR Asst. At first the test seemed quit daunting but I went back over my answers and actually figured out how to work with the formula of how to come up with civil service scores! There was an entire page devoted to questions on that. There were also questions about employment laws, equal opportunity and the like. I was surprised at how much of that stuff I knew. After all, I did work in an HR Dept for a brief time, and then before that as a temp plus all of THIS stuff since I got fired from my job. But the proof will be in what score I get--can't wait to find out!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Walker said...

I think alot of the crap weather the world is seeing lately has to do alot with the enviroment and how we, humans, are heating up the planet causing alot of the conditions which fuel these storms.

If we keep going the way we are we may have to build domes around out cities just to keep them above water.
Maybe are the lost city of Atlantis.

Have a nice weekend

7:36 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Hope that works out for you---and they say the experience of testing is good for you. Personally, I've had enough testing, but to each his own.

4:17 AM  
Blogger Fish said...

thank you for stopping by and saying hello...I'll have a mooch while I'm here.

good luck with the job thing by the way, I've only recently returned to work myself and to be honest I'm not sure I really want to - I have the work ethic of a tree sloath

11:33 AM  
Blogger Dotm said...

Good luck on the test results.
I went back and read s rew older posts trying to find how you hurt your- was it the foot or leg? How did it happen.
Had to have been rough trying to work on crutches. Hope it is getting better for you.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. You are welcome back anytime.
Cute grandson picture in the other post.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I had no idea you'd been fired from your other job. Did that have anything to do with you taking time off for your foot? They were horrible people to work for anyway but I'm sure it's tough trying to live without a regular income. Good luck with all the tests. It sounds like you feel quite confident you did well and I'm sure something will come up for you soon.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

I hope you're not a Bush fan or anything, but when I saw on the telly news that there'd been weather trouble in Texas, I cynically thought that Bush probably wasted a lot less time getting over there to see the damage, than when New Orleans was hit.

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home