Sunday, September 14, 2008

Meme Meme Meme Meme

Two-word meme, shamelessly stolen from another blog while blog-surfing today

1. Where is your cell phone?
In a cloth glasses case, in my small purse in my backpack. Guess I’m not going to hear it ring! But I have a land line too, because of dial-up.

2. Your significant other?
My house, maybe

3. Your hair?
Growing it out

4. Your mother?
Saw her yesterday, just like usual

5. Your brother?
Saw him on Friday. The other brother I saw a week or so ago.

6. Your favorite thing?
I’d have to make a long list.

7. Your dream last night?
Wandering through a strange convoluted building, I often dream different versions of that.

8. Your favorite drink?
Coffee, I’m back on the pot. (now THAT doesn’t sound so good!)

9. Your dream?
Selling this house, buying a smaller one and making it into an Art and Animal House

10. The room you’re in?
Living room, it’s huge plus it has a loft and vaulted ceiling. Smaller would be good.

11. Your ex?
Which one? Vegetable Man I miss, not the others.

12. Your fear?
What if I can’t find a job? And, just as scary, what if I DO get hired?

13. Where do you want to be in 6 years?
Working only PT, doing art, hanging out with people and animals, growing things.

14. Where were you last night?
Out to dinner with my Mom

15. What you’re not?
Mean, cruel or insensitive.

16. Muffins?
Cranberry Nut or Lemon Poppyseed

17. One of your wish list items?
House with a fence, I've actually found just the one--except I need to SELL this one first.

18. Where you grew up?
Isolated in the country

19. The last thing you did?
Read the Sunday paper, looking for jobs in the Classifieds.

20. What are you wearing?
Two-piece dress with a jacket on because it’s cold in here, with shoes and socks. I’m wearing the only shoes I can fit onto my left foot and need them (shoes) to be able to (sort of) walk/hobble around.

21. Your TV?
I’ve been watching a whole lot more of it lately.

22. Your pets?
No pets, not a one right now. I miss having animals around terribly. In fact I’ve been looking in the Classfieds but since my house is for sale, that may not be such a great idea. Waiting to see how this all turns out would be wiser.

23. Your computer?
Just got it fixed (so now it can’t multiply, ha ha!) It was deathly ill since last spring. It had a bad virus that no prescription seemed to knock out. I did a barter deal and a friend had her husband take it in to the computer hospital where it convalesced for over a week before he brought it back home.

24. Your life?
Strange, more solitary than I’d like right now, very up and down.

25. Your mood?
Thoughtful, a bit lonely.

26. Missing someone?
Yep, my friends.

27. Your car?
Needs repair before wintertime, new tires for better traction, too.

28. Something you’re not wearing?
Make-up. Normally I’ve been bedecking myself with jewelry and make-up right after I get dressed in the morning. It works to cheer me up, so maybe that’s why I’m a bit sad today.

29. Favorite Store?
Thrift stores and rummage/garage sales

30. Your summer?
Not long enough, sad to see it go.

31. Like someone?
My friends

32. Your favorite color?
Blue

33. Last time you laughed?
Last night at a movie.

34. Last time you cried?
This morning at a sad news story

35. You are with?
My computer: me ‘n my pal.

35. Who will re-post?
Whoever wants to, I guess. Go for it!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Lois Lane said...

I wish you all of your memes. By the way, I'm back on the pot again too. ;)

3:15 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

It's been a while since I visited. I hope that your return to your blog indicates a change in the winds of fortune for you, PBS. You could use some good luck, it seems.

I'm sorry to hear that your leg isn't better yet. And good luck with the job hunt. I can't say I like having a job, but I really hated my 2 bouts of unemployment. Hmmm. I'm thinking of taking up painting again---maybe art is the answer.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Sky said...

i enjoyed the meme very much. had not seen this one before. thanks for dropping by for a visit earlier. it is always nice to meet new people, and i hope you will return. i usually don't post but once a month or so.

yes, the squirrels are probably eating your daffodils like they eat our crocuses. :( if you are intent on having bulbs though, after you settle into your new place you can wrap them in wire baskets as you plant which usually
works. the larger bulbs can grow through the holes.

i don't know what is wrong with your foot, so i am going to have to go into your archives when i have more time to find out. until then i send wishes that you are soon fully recovered and good luck wishes that the perfect job will surface, the house will sell quickly, and all will be right in your world.:)

6:02 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I have that same dream too...but often it starts in the house that I grew up in as a child and I find some secret room that leads to a huge building (sometimes a cathedral) and I get lost...

Ugh.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

I'm not me until my mascara and eye-liner go on - hope you're feeling better soon ;o)

12:57 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I didn't realise your foot was still giving you trouble or that you still hadn't sold your house. The more things change sometimes, the more they stay the same.

This was quite an informative Meme. I hope you start feeling a bit better soon. :)

8:57 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

I have been on the POT for years. LOL

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home