Thursday, September 11, 2008

Been a long, long time

Oh it's been a long, long time since I've been here. I've really missed you all and reading about your lives. I used to wonder why anyone would ever want to leave, to stop blogging. Now I know. Sometimes there just is not any good thing to blog about.

Most people post a mixture of the good and bad things that are happening in their lives and there is a nice balance. In fact in reading your blogs the balance seems to usually tilt to the good side--which is a wonderful thing!

When the journaling (I use blogging as a journal) becomes a repetition of bad thing/worse thing/bad thing/bad thing it just doesn't make very good reading material. Even the most wonderful and sympathetic reader might just run out of things to say and get fatigued while trying to keep up encouragement to the "down" party. I really didn't want to put you through all of that and switched back to keeping a notebook journal. But I've really missed the social contacts and learning about the daily realities of other people's--YOUR--lives.

Hopefully this blog will have a better balance now of blessings as well as struggle. It's been a long, hard road. Everyone has some trials and turmoil in their lives at some point. This year has made me realize that I've lived a pretty charmed life, in the past. Not too much bad had happened to me (except in childhood--long since past) and maybe I just wasn't appreciating my good life enough. Who knows why bad things happen? Being unemployed for so long has given me the gift of a lot of time to think things over, dream a little, and plan for the future.

Thanks to all of you who kept commenting, some even E-mailing me--I really appreciate your care, concern and support!!!!!

Hope your present is going well, no I hope it's been going GREAT! And that this summer (or winter, for some) is wrapping up to be a pleasant and memorable time! I'm going out to visit some blogs, see ya at your place!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Walker said...

It’s about time.
I have been worried about you as I’m sure all of your other blog friends have.

Life isn’t always sunshine and shit happens but if we train ourselves to look for a bright spot to focus on, then the bad crap doesn’t seem as bad.
Look at being unemployed as recovering from the negative part of your life and rejuvenate your soul.

Welcome back

11:57 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Odd that you should choose now to post. I've have been thinking about popping back to your blog to ask how you are doing.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Glad to see you posting again! :)

My summer....ah well, it's almost gone (although ours lasts pretty much into November....;). I vow to do more fun things next year!!!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Doo Dah said...

welcome back :-)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

so glad you're back--I run my cursor over your name on my blogroll everytime, and keep getting "April 19".

I hope you're on the mend. Being unemployed : we have such varying perspectives on it...I hope one of the "relief" ones came to mind once in a while. You were in a horrible situation, that even if it paid, must have been worse than unemployment. I hope so anyway. Stay with us.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Nice to see you around again. And yes, sometimes it seems as if life just won't stop whipping us around but good, huh?

And then, something good will happen. But, getting through those black tunnels can be so awful.

I hope things brighten up soon.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Well no matter what you choose to blog about, I am very pleased to see that you're back. I didn't realise you were unemployed now but at least you don't have to see that awful witch you worked for anymore. I know it must be tough for your self esteem though, not to mention your finances to be out of work.

I hope everything starts looking up soon and don't forget you can lean on us when you need to.

Glad to have you back. xxx

6:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Really nice to see you back , PBS!!!!!:)

11:53 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

It seems we've both had a bit of a respite. Hope you're doing well and heres to a more positive year ahead :o)

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home