Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Here he is!



And here he is, brand new. Bet he already looks a bit different now, how I want to go to see him again! But it's money, always money. It costs too much to go down there right now as my vehicle doesn't get good gas mileage at all.

Things are getting closer to putting my house on the market again. The carpet is laid in the basement (which my friends made so many jokes about it that I started saying, the carpet has been "put down", or "installed" in the basement.

SLA is upset with me, as of last night, because I may bail out early on "The Girl's Christmas" that she had planned for the past two weeks to occur this upcoming Saturday. I feel like a bad friend but it's on a Saturday, when she told me that we weren't going to do it on a Saturday. Plus (and this is the bad friend part of it) another friend I haven't seen since October called me last night. Her organization is having a soup and bread fundraiser to which I attend every year--and it's on Saturday. And she is going to introduce me to a friend of hers who lives in that cool co-op that I'd really like to live--you know, the one I saw last summer that had a garden and chickens! It's hard to get into that co-op, there are applications, interviews, screenings and such to make sure the new tenant is a good fit. This connection might help me out quite a lot.

And to continue the bad friend part of it, I just saw SLA a day ago when I brought her to the grocery store after work. She has no car anymore, which is hard. But she also hasn't worked since July and doesn't plan to. I don't know how she does it but apparently there is aid and all, plus she's trying to get back on Social Security. Have to admit I'm a bit envious--imagine not having to work! There are so many lovely things to do with a free day, even without any money, as I found out when taking off all those days in December. So I'm not only a bad friend, but a somewhat envious one, too. And I feel a bit used with the car ride bit. She calls up for a ride, we go to the store, shop separately and then I bring her home, help carry in the groceries and that's it, friend time is done. I'm not feeling OK with that but feeling guilty for not feeling OK, if that makes any sense whatsoever!

Well, I've also been a bad (or rather, non-existant) blogger. I DO really enjoy reading your blogs and honestly do plan to do it again very soon. This photo and post was done between a nice warm bath, exercise, lunch-making, dressing and other preparations for work. And now the time is done. Maybe another day? Take care you all and stay warm!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Your little grandson is just beautiful...perfect in every way. I'm glad for your sake to hear that your house is close to going back on the market. Maybe this time you will have more luck.

Sorry to hear that you are having some problems with SLA but in the end you have to do what's right for you and what you really want to do. I'm sure SLA would if the situation were reversed.

Take care and stay in touch won't you even if its just occasionally?

6:34 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

Now there is a cute bundle of joy that can only bring happiness.
I am sure you will get to see him soon again and there will be the years of spoiling him LOL

If SLA told you it was not going to be on a Saturdfay and she is holding it on a Saturday, well then it's her being the bad friend not you and don;t feel guillty for going to see a friend on that day whom you don't see as much as SLA especially if it could lead you to a condo at that place you would like to live.

Thank you for letting us meet your grandson and will see you when you have time.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

He's gorgeous! :) Do we get a first name???

Sorry to hear you're having problems with SLA. Hope everything works out!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

He's adorable! You must feel so much love and happiness.

I hope your house sells soon. We ended up renting ours through a property management company. It's not ideal and we'll have to stay in this tiny apartment until it sells (a few years down the line) just in case, but hopefully we can start saving again for a new down payment and pay off the remainder of our bills.

Good luck to you! I hope you get a great offer in just a couple of days. :)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

OH MY! He is adorable. I'm so happy for you.

As for the friend...man our lives are so parallel on that one. I've decided I may be a bad friend but I'll be one that isn't hurt and angry anymore so there's that. Do what's right for you and by the way I think you made the right decision on going to the other thing. You really seemed to like that Co-Op so go for it!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home