Sunday, September 02, 2007

Rodeo drive

This is where I'm going this afternoon:

Great Northern Classic Rodeo
This rodeo is the highlight of the Labor Day weekend.The Wild West
meets the Great North with action packed
events: bull riding, barrel racing, bronc riding,
roping and more! Family and friends
experience the colorful pageantry and
excitement of the sport that grew from our
American heritage.

Anton and Amanda invited me to go with them and their horse-crazy friend. They had invited to go last year but I couldn't attend the day they went and instead went with Horse-Crazy Friend and her dad. It was so fun that I'd wished I'd attended all three days! Couldn't afford it this year but one afternoon/evening will be great, especially with all three of them.

Yesterday I spent a nice day celebrating my Mom's 81st birthday. Here she is with some of her loot: two cakes and some flowers. Cards and gifts are on a table nearby.



Later SLA called and we talked a bit. She's still hanging on to the Sleazeball and he's out of town for the week. He did help her return some of the things to help with her overdraft. So maybe he's not totally the bottom of the barrel--or still needs something from her. Her car got towed, rent is due and she still has no job-or prospects even. Her big idea was to go to the radio station and offer to volunteer there! When I pointed out that volunteering won't net her any needed money, she said they'd probably hire her in a couple of weeks. Even if that's true, what about food and bills and rent right now? I think the Sleazeball ate her brain, sadly.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

I went to lots of rodeos when I was a kid since we lived in small town Iowa. I admit to never really like them....

And wow. I say step back and let your cousin make her own bed. There is little you can do and just the fact that she is staying with that creep is sickening.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Oops...sorry, I meant your SLA.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

i hope you're enjoying the long weekend===Labour Day weekend is bittersweet, isn;t it?

7:58 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Lovely picture of your mom...hope her birthday was a happy one.

1:59 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Sounds like a weekend filled with loads of fun :o)
Happy Birthday to your mum, the flowers are just gorgeous colours :o)

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday "mom"!!!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Happy Birthday to your mom. The rodeo sounds like so much fun. I've only been to one before but I really enjoyed it.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home