Sunday, August 26, 2007

It's about time (a happy post)



My garden: small but mighty!


I keep having these old TV songs run through my head. Today it's "It's about time" I probably won't get this one exactly right either but it goes sort of like, "It's about time, it's about space, it's about three men in the strangest place. It's about three astronauts. It's about in space..." And so on sort of like that. Do you remember it? Probably not, unless you're around my age and blogging tends to attract a younger crowd. But at least there are some people my age and up, unlike at work. At work, everyone is much much younger than I am.

Anyway, since this is a happy post I won't be talking about the badness at work here except to say, gleefully--I HAVE MONDAY AND TUESDAY OFF! Tuesday is my birthday and I always try to get that off from work as my birthday present to myself. Tuesday was also the day that the Main Office Interloper was going to move into my old office (which now won't be until Wednesday, probably because I took Tuesday off.) Some birthday present, huh? But I won't be there, nor for the staff meeting on Tuesday morning, where I now have to take the meeting minutes. Yippee, yippee, yippee! Yes, that makes me very happy.

And tonight I'm driving down to see the kids and will stay there until Tuesday night. First before I leave I'm going to figure out bills and the mortgage payments. I can do it still, this month because we are getting three paychecks in August. So I'm hanging on here, which is good.

Son and roommate (she is still living with him but they aren't boy and girlfriend anymore, just friends) told me they are planning to hang out with me the entire time unlike last time when they both had to work and I barely saw them. When I asked if he needed anything from here, son said no, but I'll stop and get that particular fast food item that his roommate loves, Rodeo Burgers. They don't have those in their area.

I wish I could bring garden produce to them, but the garden is small and has about three tiny tomatoes per day and one cucumber. The peas, radishes and spinach are done and the broccoli is getting tough. Soon I may have carrots, beans, squash and corn though! Isn't it amazing what a small garden can produce? The poor garden will have to go without water while I'm gone but I was not watering it much anyway. There isn't a hose outside so I have to carry buckets of water. Water is heavy and it's hard on my back so I've been only carrying two buckets of water per day, unlike earlier when I was bucketing probably ten or more buckets per day.

I'm really looking forward to my visit with the kids. They are such excellent hosts and take very good care of me! It looks like it's going to be a wonderful, long weekend for me! Have a great rest of your weekend and "see" you when I get back late Tuesday night!

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Walker said...

YAY FOR LONG WEEKENDS!!!!!!

You deserve to have a nice long relaxing weekend off away from work and mayhem.

I hope you have a great birthday and have a lot of fun with your son and his roommate.

Happy Birthday @-;--

9:23 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Having read these two posts, I think you really deserve a mini break. Have fun.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

And so say all of us.....you deserve to have the best birthday EVER and I hope you enjoy some quality time with the kids.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Tuesday and look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

9:27 PM  
Blogger magicfingers said...

Happy Birthday PBJ. My birthday is friday. Go Virgos!
I don't recognize the tv song. If you remember let me know ok? And believe me I go back a ways. The Real Mccoys song I know, Our Miss Brooks, WHAT TIME IS IT??
It's Howdy Doody Time!!
Hey Rocky, Watch me pull a rabbit outa my hat!! Guess my age??

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good that things are lookin up for you. I luve good weekends!

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good that things are lookin up for you. I luve good weekends!

1:23 AM  
Blogger Salha said...

happy birthday!! and wow a very ong holiday :) fantastic! i'm sure u're gonna enjoy yourself.... jealous :(

3:42 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh time off is EXCELLENT! Wish I had today off!!! :)

Hope you have a terrific long weekend...and you have a beautiful garden! :)

7:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you have a lovely time this weekend.

And don't lift anything. Let son do it. My mom gripes at me when I don't let her lift heavy stuff, but it's not that I think she can't do it. It's that she did it for me for so long and I want to do something for her.

Oh, and happy birthday! :)

3:22 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Have a great trip and a happy birthday with many happy returns of the day!

And..what is a rodeo burger? Where do you get them?

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home