Monday, October 30, 2006

Back to work

It's Monday and I'm facing work after a long weekend. It seems like I'm moving in slow motion! It wasn't a fun long weekend, at least not at first as I was sick on Friday. I seldom call in sick to work but usually go in and try to tough it out. Normally it works, and after a while I feel better. On Friday, though, I had what I call "the dizzies" which may sound funny or cute, certainly isn't! It started with an icepick-like headache in the back of my head and then I couldn't walk a straight line. My stomach gets upset from it and so I was sick in that way too. I maybe could have taken the bus, sure couldn't drive like that! Anyway, I woke up at 4:00 a.m. still sick (had started on Thursday night) called into work and slept until 2:00 p.m. when I dragged myself to the living room couch.

I've always thought "the dizzies" were a weird type of flu but I'd just had that flu shot, so maybe not. There are some bad things that could cause symptoms like that, especially at my age so I suppose I should ask my doctor when I next go in. She will just tell me that it was a reaction to the flu shot or something. She tends to pooh pooh any symptoms that I tell her and then I feel like I'm being a big baby--even though I only go in to see the doctor once a year. For example, last year (when I was still with VMan) she laughed at me when I asked her about taking precautions against becoming pregnant. Well, there have been women my age who have gotten pregnant--and I wouldn't want to be one of them! Wish I had my old doctor back, I really liked her but she switched into Oncology. Our health plan doesn't allow us to change around but maybe I should check if there's some way to see another doctor instead. I think if I switched clinics I could do it.

Anyway, the weekend got a lot better! I received the big box of flower bulbs I'd ordered and planted them all on Sunday. Sunday was a warm, beautiful day, perfect to be outside in the fresh air.

Even though we had the change back from Daylight Savings Time to regular time so we have another hour, the time is slipping away from me. I need to finish getting ready for work. Next time I'll try to read your blog, I miss all of you!

10 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I trust you're feeling somewhat better already. Have a good one.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. I just bought a bunch of bulbs too, unfortunately I worked all weekend so I didn't get them planted.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, that doesn't sound nice. I had vertigo once & that was horrible, it sounds similar to what you had. Hope your day went ok. I hate Mondays!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Grant said...

Love the new profile pic. And, yes, I am still at work.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's amazing how many have the flu virus that I have come across while blogging. Anyways, you are linked! Hope you feel better soon!!!

7:30 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I'm sorry you were sick, that doesn't sound good at all.

I have bulbs I have to plant too, hopefully I will get them in this week.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

Hope you are feeling better now!

2:15 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Sorry about the terible headache...get it checked out...these days you can't be too careful.

3:34 AM  
Blogger dan said...

get well soon.

xxx

4:48 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh I HATE the time change!

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home