Friday, November 03, 2006

You guessed it

Guess what? Well, a couple of you DID guess correctly. The move was not finished, they stopped around noon or so and had a huge spread of food sent in and then played around with the rolling chairs! I wouldn't have been interested in the food anyway (because of being sick) but it really would have been nice if the move had been completed. Oh well. Upon return to the office I hefted boxes around, and moved my own work things twice. The front is not finished yet so I was assigned an office--but it turns out the person was returning on Friday. So after I'd set up shop in that office, I was moved to another office of a person we haven't hired yet.

Everyone was ooohing and aahing over their gorgeous new office and furniture while I was trying my best to not be sad about it. It certainly bites that they couldn't find an office for me when I've worked there since 2000. That I must be in the front with no window to open for fresh air, no view, and worst of all, no privacy. I've said that all before, but seeing all of my co-worker's great pleasure in their new offices was hard for me to take. It reminded me of awhile ago during a staff meeting when the color chips were laid out and everyone but me was eagerly selecting the color of their new office. Yep, it's hard not to be sad about it. I don't know where I went wrong, have worked hard, put in long hours, done a good job, been totally dependable--and get treated like an old shoe. Yeah, I'm a bit bitter about it.

I'm really enjoying my temporary office though. It's one of the few inner offices so has no window but it does have WALLS and a DOOR! How sweet it is to have those again, even temporarily. Of course I wasn't actually in it yesterday. Everyone was asking me, "Where's the ___, or where's the ____?" all day, so even after the move was finished I was still digging through and moving boxes around.

Thank God it's finally Friday as this has been the longest week ever. Have a good day and a great weekend!

7 Comments:

Blogger Fizzy said...

Thank Goodness it is now over. Poor you. I really feel for you when you mention your new work space

(guess who has just arrived...yayyyyyyyyyyy)

7:18 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I'm really sorry I picked it right. I was hoping it wouldn't be like that but I was really afraid it would be. I'm also sorry about your space, or lack thereof. I'm in the middle of the room too but at least everyone else is too. We don't even have cubicle walls, it's just a big room with tons of desks all crammed next to each other. I'm just thankful I'm next to a wall so I can hang my diploma...for all the good it's done me you know?

Have a great weekend, or at least try to.

8:41 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I really hope you find a job where you will be appreciated.

Now enjoy the weekend, try not to think about work, and find something fun and relaxing to do.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Memphis said...

My wife was moved from an office she shared with another woman to her own office. It was a major ordeal and put her way behind in her work. Yesterday they announced that they're moving her out of there and into a cube at the other end of the building. She's already behind in her work and now she's just frantic. She's so upset. This is not going to be a nice weekend. I think she's almost ready to quit.

3:10 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

It happened to you because you have worked hard, put in longer hours, and was dependable. That isn't appreciated anymore. Manners don't count anymore. Only cut-throat actions and bad manners seems to get the attention. You are too easy to work with because you are amiable. It's the snots that get the attention because they demand it. The quieter types get passed over all the time. Been there done that! But someone like you can't resort to their behavior...because you have to look in the mirror and sleep at night. So what you do is this...you realize things are definitely not fair...but you are a better person than they are...and knowing that is more than half the battle. It may not get you as much money or the proper tecognition...but it's how the corporate world works...and you more than likely have the Bozilla to thank for it mostly. We love you here...hope that helps.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

You know, I honestly don't know how you office types tolerate it. I couldn't stand sitting in a room full of desks. Too much like a classroom to suit me. And sitting on display as you do, PB! Even after all your years of loyal service ...

Like I said, I don't know how you do it. I'm grateful to be able to watch the world go by at 80 mph.

For now, anyway. Maybe I'll find myself behind a desk early next year. God I hope not. LOL!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

I am with Dale. I saw my office for five minutes a day and couldn;t wait to leave the building.
Its to bad you didnt get the office you wanted but I have an idea.
I think they should paint a scenery behind your dest of a window and the city outside and throw in a trip to Hawaii for compensation :)
Have a nice weekend

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home