Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Scorpio time

I found a great new (for me) blog last night: ElsaElsa.com
About yesterday she said:
"And I mention this today because of the extreme situation in the sky. Six planets are clustered in Scorpio today. Think about that. Up above, all the planets are stacked up against one another. Don’t you think that matters?"

Yes, it certainly did. How was your day yesterday? Mine was, um, a bit more exciting and frustrating than normal. Oh it started off OK, I got up and got ready for work, started up the car and scraped the ice off of the windows. The early bus zipped by. It was still pitch black outside, I got in the car and drove out into the main street.

There was first a pulling and then it was like the jeep leaned to one side. Good thing I only drove a block, turned around and came back. I had a really flat front left tire! The early bus had already gone by so I took the bus schedule out of my jacket pocket. The street light was too dim to read it. I hurried back into the house (had to unlock two doors) and found out I had picked up the wrong bus schedule when I had ridden last time!

At least I could grab some gloves while back in the house, as I'd forgotten them. I could have gone online to check the bus schedule or called them up but I didn't dare for fear of missing the next bus. The morning buses come pretty close together, so I thought. Well, it turns out that they really don't, and I stood out there for nearly a half hour waiting. By that time the price, 60 cents, had gone up to peak price of $1.25--and I was hoping I had enough change in my pocket! I got to work six mimutes late but that was still OK as I'd been putting in extra time for weeks now.

Once at work I called a nearby (to home) tire place. They said they were open until 5:30 and to call back and they'd try to fit me in to come out and fix it. I was working on some bills when a co-worker and his wife came by my desk. "Are you going down for flu shots?" he asked. I was hoping I didn't have my medical card with me, so couldn't get one. Unfortunately I did have the card so went down to get the shot.

I should pause and mention that I'm deathly afraid of needles. Yes, I know NOBODY likes to get shots but I'm phobic about needles. In fact it's why I can understand the feelings of people who are deathly afraid of spiders, or snakes, or whatever, even though I'm not afraid of bugs or creatures. There's a blind, unreasoning terror that comes up! Also, I wasn't dressed properly to have to pull up my sleeve. Good thing they gave the shots in a private office as I had to practically strip to get it. It was only the third flu shot that I've ever received. The first was painless, the second very painful and this one somewhere inbetween. When I was younger I never got flu shots and didn't get the flu, either. But the last couple of years I figured maybe I should get it too.

So the day went by, I caught the bus and went home. When I called up the tire place they told me they didn't do road service. But the guy I'd talked to this morning had said they could come out! After a few tears of frustration and anger at being treated like an idiot (and feeling like one, but that's what the guy had told me) I settled down to a fairly normal evening. How was yours?

8 Comments:

Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

hope you get the tire sorted soon, getting public transport is so frustrating, and i never have enough change on me...!!!

i'm afraid of needles too, here we get flu jabs if we are over a certain age or I suppose if we ask for one...??? i'm not that brave enough to have one voluntarilly...lol

:0)

5:45 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I'm getting my flu shot November 20th...and so far, every one I've gotten hasn't hurt...until the next day...then it aches like a friggin' toothache!!!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I think they are making flu shots mandatory for us this year. I guess they don't want to give us the option of getting the flu and calling in sick.

Sorry about the tire, hope you got it fixed.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I don't know about evening, but I slept really well -- apparently right through the cat puking on the carpet.

6:34 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Mine was long without enough sleep.

Sorry about the Jeep tire, that sucks.

7:14 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

My evening was alot of dishes because I cooked Chinese food...lots of prep and lots of pots and pans!!! Hope you get your tire taken care of. Oh, and I get a flu shot every year and it never hurts...go figure. I fortunate that shots don't scare me...it's the least of my fears.

3:43 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

No matter that we intellectually understand about things like needles and dentist drills and many-legged furry crawly things, the instinctive reaction is to run!

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a flu shot most years now as I am asthmatic, I don't think I am phobic like you but I am terrified of needles. My arm hurt for a good few days after mine this year. I felt like I'd been punched a hundred odd times!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home