Monday, October 23, 2006

Frozen garden sand

I planted the flowering bulbs yesterday. The garden sand had a crust on it(frozen) meaning that it's getting down to the wire for planting bulbs! It was early in the morning, so the little neighborhood boys wouldn't bother me and dig up the bulbs the moment I went back into the house. My hair was still wet and it was probably about 30F degrees. This is getting to be a theme, I think, running around with wet hair and no coat out in the cold. Acclimatization, maybe.

But I put on my leather jacket to walk to get the Sunday paper. Yes--a leather jacket! I'd been wanting one for years and finally purchased it a week or two ago. My last leather jacket was really a coat, ankle length and heavy, it even had a hood. We always joked that you could lie down in a snow bank with it on and stay warm! I had given it to SLA in the late 1990's, who gave it to her son.

Then it was getting groceries, doing laundry, burying the compost and household chores. I did get time to finish "Plain Truth" by Jodi Picoult, my new favorite author. It's about an Amish girl (and her family) who is accused of killing her newborn baby. The girl's convoluted story and how her story kept changing frustrated her non-Amish lawyer, a distant relative. And wow, Picoult's endings pack quite a punch!

Yawn, it's Monday. Have a good one!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

That Amish story sounds like something I would enjoy. I'll look out for it!

6:01 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I bought bulbs the other day, have yet to put them in, I was going to do it yesterday but it was raining and dreary.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Is there really such a thing as a Monday that's good???

Ugh...I know I don't like 'em!

;)

6:47 AM  
Blogger Frederick said...

It was suppose to snow here today in the finger lakes, nothing yet.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I think I need to give Jodie Picoult another go. I started one of her books and couldn't get into it.
Read you answers for the meme... brilliant. I have really enjoyed reading them

11:01 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Just to let you know...the link was corrected yesterday...but I am finding that even I have to hit the refresh button alot for my correct page to turn up. I have a feeling the old uncorrected page came up for you instead. Try it out of curiosity next time to see.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

You seem so busy!!! I'm just plodding along these days, and being gardenless makes it that much easier

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home