Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Not too taxing

I woke up in the night and for some reason thought it was the weekend again. Now, wouldn't THAT be great, work one day and it's a weekend again? It was busy at work yesterday, Mondays usual are, especially since they moved our staff meeting back to Monday. I have requests and reports to do on Monday, so liked it better with our meeting on Tuesday. But all the other work plus doing the meeting minutes does make the day go fast. Sometimes I wonder, though, about wishing the days away. We only have a limited number.

I found an awesome little apartment--well, haven't seen the INSIDE of it, so possibly not. But the outside has a sweeping view of the lake and it's back in my former city/state. The owners have a message on their machine that they are out of town so I haven't seen it yet. I worry about my son, as that apartment is just big enough for one person. I'd like him to find a place with some roommates and be more indendendent. He doesn't want that right now, is thinking of going back to school, while I've had it with family living and want some alone time and space!

Tonight is the second session of "Espresso Yourself" class at my favorite coffee shop. It will be my FIRST session and they've probably already covered the basics, since there are only three classes. But part of the class is drinking the coffee, so I can certainly help and join in with that part!

I saw "my" cop when I was driving to work yesterday! Also had to quick get the state tax done (yes I know, last-minute!) but at least I had already done the federal form and mailed it in. First I'd tried the free online tax, went through putting all of the information on, only to find in the end that I earned just a bit too much to get it for free. Since the info was already on, I almost went for buying it, but when I found out it was almost $20 for EACH (state and federal) I decided to just do it the regular way and mail them in. Did you get your tax forms in yesterday? Probably you did them long ago! I used to be much better at getting them in, too.

Well, I'd better finish getting ready for work. My Mom didn't get up yesterday morning to sit and have coffee. It made it easier to get out the door and I was at work the time I always used to arrive, which was nice. Have a great Tuesday!

16 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Saw your cop yesterday, huh? *wink wink* ;)

Sounds like some alone time is just what you need. I have NEVER lived alone but I think we all need some time to ourselves. I find every afternoon I head for my backyard (because someone always seems to be in the house) and I sit there with my dogs for an hour or so and just breathe in the air and listen to the leaves rustle in the trees. I find it VERY relaxing.

Hope you find your "you" space! :)

6:56 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I did my state and federal taxes back in February. I actually had my local taxes completely but since I owed them money, I waited till yesterday to mail it out.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I agree, it does sound like you need some "PBS Time". I hope that you sort that situation out soon.

Now when did this cop become "your cop"??? Does he know??

Have a good day

7:26 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I agree with fizzy and stacy..PBS "me time" is certainly needed. I don't envy you doing tax....i loathe it :(

7:32 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

We have until the end of the month for taxes, but I think I finished mine yesterday and will e-file them today. Hope you get an apartment just for you. I am impressed that you are always taking courses.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

I was 42 before I ever lived alone. It was the best thing I've ever done, PB. I got to know myself, discovered my likes and dislikes. It's been a great six years. I highly recommend it!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

If you learn how to make gourmet coffee, you'll likely become very popular at the police station.

I did the tax programs again this year, mostly because they came with rebates for two free programs I needed - Norton Antivirus and MS-Money. I think next year I'll do the EZ form since I have so few deductions.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

Have a great day!!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

You could come live with me if you like. I love my frothy coffees...and I certainly love my own space.

We could do a tag team kinda thing you know? Only be in the house when the other person isn't. But you get to make the coffee all the time lol

2:58 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I have started a new game PBS. I know you like them

3:17 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Much as Lisa's offer sounds good, I'd keep looking for a place of your own...it's time. And next Easter, don't go to McD's---if you don't want to be alone, ask me for my address....

3:19 PM  
Blogger katie said...

Taxes, what a headache. I barely got mine in, but they are done. The apartment sounds like it could be just what you need. Careful not to get too wired at the expresso class!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

I've started learning again how nice it is to be alone.
The quiet is soothing and the stereo is broken.

12:16 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

I'm a person that doesn't need people, I'm more animal oriented. Animals love you without reservation...people are a different story. People let you down...and animals don't...plain and simple. As you know I just lost my best friend...I'm still working on it and your kind thoughts were appreciated very much. You just do what seems right for you...to heck with the others hanging around your neck.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

we pay taxes thru our wages so its all deducted beforehand with most of us, its easy and simple (or supposed to be)...i'd hate to sit down and do that every year...

and hope you like the apartment, it sounds like its perfect for you, i will keep my fingers crossed...

:0)

2:17 AM  
Blogger dan said...

it seems more and more kids are reluctant to fly the nest.

i think the financial state of the world has a lot to do with it

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home