Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Lots of drinking

I fell asleep after my alarm went off this morning. I almost never do that. But the people upstairs woke me several times, including around 3:00 a.m., and then both Mom and son were (separately) in the kitchen (which borders my bedroom wall) a half hour before my alarm goes off. I shut off the alarm when it went off and went back to sleep.

I dreamed of being on a skiing trip with my co-workers. I've probably mentioned that they are all marathon athletes except me (with the possible exception of BZ, but she's small, fit, and much much younger than I am) so I was a bit concerned since I haven't been on downhill skiis for probably 20 years! One was looking at my old wooden skiis and shaking his head, saying they would probably break. We were at a ski lodge type place that belonged to a former co-worker. They were going for a food run and needed $35 from me for my share. It seemed like a lot of money, even in a dream, but I pulled out a $35 bill from my pocket! Then I had to stay and clean up the messes the owner's cat made, while they all took off in a van. Then while cleaning I realized I was in my bathrobe in the dream, and then remembered that the alarm had gone off, so I woke up. I do have a second alarm set for 15-minutes later than the first, but I'm almost always up at the first one. The second alarm had not gone off yet when I finally woke, and got up.

So I got up in a hurry, showered and let the ferrets play and noticed there is a lump on my head from when I hit it on the bathroom cabinet yesterday. I was waiting for the coffee to be done, had started it as soon as I got up. It won't be as good as what I had last night, though!

Last night in the Espresso Yourself class we made espresso shots, cappuccino and lattes. I got to actually make and drink all of those! It's more tricky than it looks, as the temperature is fussy and the sanitation too--but I was glad to see the last one, since I have coffee and a salad there almost every Saturday! We ended up throwing out a lot of the steamed milk, as it must be just so. The teacher just laughed and said that's why we were charged a materials fee. She had also made some orange scones with chocolate bits in them, yummy, and not too sweet (well, except for the chocolate, of course). We each had one and there were three left, so I got to take one home for Mom and son to split. They thought it was kind of weird but seemed to like it.

I'm stressing about the meeting that BZ is bringing me to on Thursday. I'm there to talk and answer questions but I don't know about what yet! I like more advance time to plan stuff out.

Tonight is the 5th Session of the Citizens' Police Academy. There are only 9, so we are half done. One of the remaining ones is the shooting range one, though, plus I'm hoping to get to do a ride-along again. The session tonight is on patrol operations and should be good, like all of them.

Happy Wednesday. It IS Wednesday, right?

10 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

It's nearly Thursday here PBS!
Hey, i had no idea your police sessions went for 9 weeks, that really is amazing, i just thought it went for 4 (and i thought that was good).
I am so envious of you and all that delicous coffee, i'd have been in heaven!
Isn't it funny how when we fall back to sleep just as or before we're due to get up, we have these bizarre dreams......a $35 note LOL!!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

It'll be a REALLY happy Wednesday if you get to see your cop, won't it? ;)

And I LOVE all kinds of coffees....of course, then I would've been awake all night! :)

7:30 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

Lucky girl! I very rarely remember my dreams. They say we all dream, but I would beg to differ. $35 bill!!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

Dreams! Sometimes I have a dream that seems so real that when I wake up I can't quite separate it from reality. I usually only have it when I'm stressed, though.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

Yes Hun it is Wednesday...all day.
I don't know how you remember your dreams I always forget mine.

Your courses sound like fun.I must remember orange and chocolate scones when I next make some they sound very yummy

10:24 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

Shooting ranges are fun. I haven't done that in awhile. Of course, I don't own a gun anymore either. Around here it's more likely to get you in trouble than save your life. Atlanta has a standing law that gives you five years for possession of a firearm.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the next installment of your police sessions. It sounds so much fun.

12:50 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Dreams can be so weird at times.

I hope the bump on your head goes away.

Enjoy the class tonight, can't wait to hear about it.

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. It's Wednesday, alright. Time to ski!

2:17 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

oooh a shooting range, i would love to do that...and with a cute cop guiding my aim, i'd be missing on purpose...lol

and i can't stand coffee but i didn't realise it was so involved...

:0)

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home