Friday, November 04, 2005

Somebody broke my Jeepers!

No jury duty today and it’s the last day of my term. I’m disappointed. There will be a wait of several years before I can be called for jury duty again.

Somebody broke my Jeepers! At least it certainly looks like it was no accident. I haven’t backed into anything, had tree branches fall, or had someone back into me and yet the windshield wipers in the back are twisted and broken. I noticed it when I turned on the rear wipers to get rid of the condensation on the back window. Normally I would wipe the windows but I was in a hurry Thursday morning. When I got home from work I looked at the back and the wiper arm was broken. Electrical tape wound ‘round and ‘round fixed it temporarily but it looks like Jeepers needs to go back to the garage soon again. That’s the problem of parking a vehicle downtown all day. It could have been much worse. My friend SLA used to work nights downtown and a few years ago had someone with a crow-bar broke every window in her cute little car. They even smashed the two side mirrors. It was pretty heartbreaking and she ended up having to get a new vehicle because the repair costs were too high and she didn’t have full-coverage insurance because the car was a few years old.

After (sort of) fixing Jeepers I cleaned the ferrets cage, did the garbage and recycling, fixed dinner and brought another vole to the “rodent distribution center” yes, we’ve had a couple more rodents. My hope that we had trapped them all was unrealistically optimistic. So I was up off and on all night. First we caught a vole, then a field mouse, then another vole and then a mole. My son brought them, one by one to the “rodent distribution center” it happened all night long. I think this is a record for rodent catching even for a house in the country. I wonder if we are in for a really bad winter.

Vegetable Man has been working long hours all week. But he did call me last night to tell me that “Pirates of the Caribbean” was showing on regular TV. So I watched it. I love Johnny Depp. The character in this movie reminds me a little bit of when he played “Willy Wonka”. But I only saw snippets of it as I got busy with something else. Sometimes it's hard to sit and watch even a good show. This annoys some other people who want to watch movies with the lights off. I need the lights on so I can do other things while watching! Do you watch movies with lights on or the lights off?

Bossilla has been sweet to me all week. Even if rather demanding. Her favorite two companions, Least-Favorite Co-worker and Ex-Favorite Co-worker were both gone all this week so I think she was bored. So she talked to me a whole lot more than usual and assigned me lots of things to do; most of which needed to be done ASAP. Least-Favorite Co-worker (who is her favorite) will be back in the office today. So all of that will change back to normal, no doubt.

from my E-mail:
A joke about mice
A mother mouse and a baby mouse are walking along, when all of a sudden, a cat attacks them. The mother mouse yells, "BARK!" and the cat runs away.

"See?" says the mother mouse to her baby. "Now do you see why it's important to learn a foreign language

What Would Jesus Drive
Most people assume WWJD is for "What would Jesus do?". But the initials really have been changed to stand for "What would Jesus drive?".

One theory is that Jesus would tool around in an old Plymouth because the Bible says, "God drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden in a Fury".

But in Psalm 83, the Almighty clearly owns a Pontiac and a Geo. The passage urges the Jesus to "pursue your enemies with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm".

Perhaps God favors Dodge pickup trucks, because Moses' followers are warned not to go up a mountain "until the Ram's horn sounds a long blast".

Some scholars insist that Jesus drove a Honda but didn't like to talk about it. As proof, they cite a verse in St. John's gospel where Christ tells the crowd, "For I did not speak of my own Accord..."

Meanwhile, Moses rode an old British motorcycle, as evidenced by a Bible passage declaring that "the roar of Moses' Triumph is heard in the hills".

Joshua drove a Triumph sports car with a hole in its muffler: "Joshua's Triumph was heard throughout the land". And, following Jesus' lead, the Apostles car pooled in a Honda... "The Apostles were in one Accord."

14 Comments:

Blogger thtgrl said...

wow. i can't believe how many rodents you're getting! maybe they have followed you and started to retaliate against your jeep.

7:34 AM  
Blogger jen said...

People who vandalize vehicles and steel shit should be exported to an island all on their own.

I know it's that time of year for the rodents here....I think you need a hungry cat!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

I am like you I like the lights on while watching so I can do other stuff except when I am watching scary movies I need the lights off just adds to the fun!

Have a great weekend!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

I like to watch movies with the lights off if I'm seeing it for the first time. Good movies like Memento deserve my full attention, and missing bits diminishes the overall experience. When I'm rewatching something, I usually have the lights on and I'm doing other activities.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i watch movies with the lights on, that way I can stitch at the same time, i like to be doing other stuff too...

and sometimes I watch movies in bits, like an hour one day and then watch the rest the next day, the girl at work thinks i'm weird for doing it, but it doesn't spoil it, just like watching a series on TV...

have a great weekend...

:0)

10:50 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

WOW you know I had this problem earlier this year. it makes me creep. it really does.
I watch TV and do jobs at the same time.... if the programme gets so gripping then I do stuff at the commercial breaks... can't sit still

12:56 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

What "rocks" said! I love Johnny Depp and that movie, i can't wait for the second one to come out! Lights on or off for me, i don't really mind :)

Grant liked Memento? Hmmm, i never understood that movie, it drove me mental right to the end!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

WDJD!!!! the funniest thing I've seen in a long time---Dave is completely confused. He can't believe that anything on theinternet can be funny enough to make you laugh out loud. so wrong.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

do count your rodents and let us guess! LOL!

7:07 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

I know it's not good to have rodents in the house...but I still like them. Have a restful weekend away from the Bossilla.

3:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did Jesus Drive? I love it. It rocks! Sorry to hear about your vehicle. Have a great weekend x
P.S. I can't type these word verification thingies!!!!

10:26 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I don't understand random acts of crime.

I had my last jeep broken into, the stereo stolen and the dash board destroyed, $1,500.00 in damage, and after my deductable I got a lousy $330.00 for it.

8:13 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

I don't understand those who randomly damage other people's cars. I mean, if they were hitting only luxury cars then, though it still sucks, at least I could comprehend a reason for it.

1:56 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

I usually like a little bit of light but it doesn't matter too much to me. I definitely don't multitask while watching movies though!

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home