Friday, August 19, 2005

What problems?

I'm eating a handful of raspberries while typing this, yum. I didn't used to like raspberries when I was a kid. Not to gross you out or anything, but there was the worm factor. I wasn't afraid of worms or anything, just didn't want to accidentally EAT them! Like broccoli, raspberries from the garden have "extras" on them. But nowadays regular fresh food from the store probably has been sprayed with poisons so it's not a problem--except those sprays aren't good for us, either!

Hmmm what to wear to work today? It’s a casual Friday, so usually it’s jeans. But we’re going to a special dinner at a nice place with a VIP later tonight, so should I dress up a bit? Yeah, probably. I’ll wear a normal day’s outfit, not a casual Friday outfit.

Last night I stopped for groceries on the way home and they “only” came to $60-some, that’s lower than it’s been lately, have gone up into the $80s and $90s per trip this year. Then did the garbage and recycling, put the ferrets outside to play, started to cook dinner while making blog rounds! I hate having to do it so late in the day! It was sure nice to visit blogs early and off and on throughout the day. Commenting so late often ends up with me saying “I agree with ___” or “ditto” it’s nice to be one of the first commenters!

Cooked dinner and ate, then did dishes and cooked some more to put in the fridge (along with the leftovers from the first batch) for my son to eat later. Had a glass of wine for dessert while blogging, as I sometimes do! As for my previously mentioned problems at work, what problems (see joke, below)?

From my E-mail
Tough Exam
An eccentric philosophy professor gave a one question final exam after a semester dealing with a broad array of topics. The class was already seated and ready to go when the professor picked up his chair, plopped it on his desk and wrote on the board: "Using everything we have learned this semester, prove that this chair does not exist."

Fingers flew, erasers erased, notebooks were filled in furious fashion. Some students wrote over 30 pages in one hour attempting to refute the existence of the chair. One member of the class however, was up and finished in less than a minute.

Weeks later when the grades were posted, the rest of the group wondered how he could have gotten an A when he had barely written anything at all. His answer consisted of two words: "What chair?"

Things Your Mother Probably Would Not Say…
-- Yeah, I used to cut class a lot too.

-- Go ahead and keep that stray dog, honey. I'll be glad to feed and walk him every day.

-- That outfit isn't sexy enough, here, unbutton your blouse.

-- Sure, just drink out of the milk(or juice) carton, it saves dishes!

-- That's OK when you are in the bathroom for over an hour every morning, we know how
important your appearance is to you. We can wait.

-- Why don't you hitchhike? It would totally be cheaper.

-- Or, you can use the car to go out and have fun, we just use it for work, how boring!

-- You have a cool boyfriend/girlfriend, he/she's totally hot.

-- The curfew is just a general time to shoot for. It's not like I'm running a prison around here.

-- You will be out all night? Don't do anything I wouldn't do!

-- Don't clean your room so often. It makes the rest of the house look bad.

-- Can I borrow your new music CDs?

-- Naw, you don't have to call me, I'll eventually figure it out if you're in trouble.

--Clean underwear? It doesn't matter.

14 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

When I worked and we had a casual day it usually worked out that the women came dressed as though they were going out disco dancing! Crazy people!

What chair indeed!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I LOVE casual Fridays! :)

Oh by the way, I mentioned you in my blog today...:)

7:24 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I like the idea of casual Friday. It sounds very good. I need tips on how to cut my food bill. It seems to be going up recently

7:52 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

ooooo and I hope you have a lovely weekend

7:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love casual clothes! Visiting you via Denny S. Stop by sometime!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

we don't have a casual day, we tend to be smart casual all the time, i hate wearing blouses, never mind all the extra ironing it would make, but the cuff get filthy on our desks...they are sooooo gross...ick

hope you have a great weekend...

:0)

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great eve PBS! B2G?

12:02 PM  
Blogger CashQuest said...

You having PBS ? In any case, what are you hiding from ? Life's great, play hard. Smart Casual is my style.

12:12 PM  
Blogger barry bonds said...

Raspberries... I want some now.
Website X

12:56 PM  
Blogger katie said...

ugg, spamers. Anyway, you have just sent me into a craving for raspberries! Minus the worms of course.
I just read an interesting article about the new casual work place, and how many think that the lax dress code will soon be changing back to business suits. I sure hope not, I love wearing jeans on fridays!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

I just love your posts. I'll have to rearrange my entire life so I can spend more time making blog rounds. I've been away from here far too long. BUT... the upside? I only have about 6 bins to go through now, instead of the original 10 that I started out with a week ago. haha ... I'm getting there.

I totally loved that joke. My psychology professor had shared that with us on the first day of class and it really broke the ice.

And... by the way ... your comments are NEVER boring and repetitive. You do a fine job!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I'm hoarding a basket of raspberries for dinner tonight---against my better judgment, I bought a can of chocolate whipped cream. I love raspberries and chocolate together. I however, had to buy my own raspberries, I didn't just lean out the door and pick them.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Razbries. Yup. I love razbries. Vanilla ice cream and razbries. Mmmm.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

*sigh* Some mothers may not say those things, but mine.............LOL :(

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home