Thursday, August 18, 2005

Smile, you're on candid camera

Nothing too interesting to talk about today. Last night I walked up the hill to my parked car and then raced to the DMV. They took my picture and wouldn’t let me see it! I have a feeling it’s bad, like usual. When I asked about it, the guy said, “It looks just like you.” If it looks horrible (like I think it will) I’m going to want to kill that guy!

Don’t you HATE it when people say that? My family used to love to take candid shots, you know the kind when you’re chewing or blinking or otherwise look terrible. They wanted “real” photos, but I’d like to at least be able to comb my hair. And when I protested at the gruesome results they would say “But it looks just like you!” Well, thanks a lot! I’ve not allowed family members to take pictures of me for years now!

There are few baby or toddler photos of me but they are: naked, wet sopping pants, or a icky dirty face—totally disgusting pictures, not cute. I don’t think that’s what people want to see when they think of candid shots.

Friday night I won’t be able to go out with my friends. For work we are having a dinner and meeting with a US congressman! It should be kind of fun even though my co-workers will also be there. Maybe if it doesn’t run too late I can meet up with friends after it.
Well, anyway, have a great Thursday!

From my E-mail
Funny Signs
Spotted in a toilet of a London (UK) office:
TOILET OUT OF ORDER. PLEASE USE FLOOR BELOW

In a Laundromat:
AUTOMATIC WASHING MACHINES: PLEASE REMOVE ALL YOUR CLOTHES WHEN THE LIGHT GOES OUT

In a London department store:
BARGAIN BASEMENT UPSTAIRS

In an office:
WOULD THE PERSON WHO TOOK THE STEP LADDER YESTERDAY PLEASE BRING IT BACK OR FURTHER STEPS WILL BE TAKEN

16 Comments:

Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

thankfully i have no pictures of me when i was little, i think my parents have probably burned them by now...lol

when we first got our digital camera hubby filmed me on the sofa while i was unaware...he played it back and i have a thing about biting the inside of my mouth, all thru the clip thats all i'm doing...it should have made me stop but i can't...

hope your meal goes well tomorrow, and i pray that you photo is nice...but thats the point of ID, you're supposed to look like you've been dragged thru a bush backwards or startled...

i have no photos of me from my holidays, i hate photos of myself...

:0)

6:40 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh I LOATHE my drivers license picture!!! Absolutely hate it. I think the last really good picture I had taken was kindergarten...;) If I find it, I'll post it....:)

Meeting with a congressman, huh? Sounds pretty interesting! :)

Those tidbits from your e-mail always make me smile!

P.S. - Just so you know...I stole your "Seven Things" from the other day too...I'm blogging about it tomorrow! :)

6:42 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I hate the more recent pictures of myself because I am so overweight. That is why when U published my Grad piccy it was such a big deal to me.
ID phots never look ggod. I got omse done last week for those agencies and the are aweful

6:52 AM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

I hate to be photographed. I hate it, I hate it, I HATE IT!!!

Lol!

8:52 AM  
Blogger issuational said...

My parents always loved to take photos of me on Christmas morning with my hair everywhere, my eyes barely opened...thanks for dropping by my blog...

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dad once took a photo of me when I first started secondary school. He made me stand in the road, in the rain, in my gorgeous grey uniform. Skirt of terrible length (not long, not short, below the knee type of junk!) white blouse, grey V-neck itchy jumper with knee length white socks & black shoes. That photo certainly wasn't attractive (and neither was the face I was pulling at the time!!) I don't really like photos of me (altho you'll not believe that with all the photos of me on my blog!) I always pull funny faces so that when someone comments about how terrible I look, I can just say "oh yea that's just my clown face"!!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Carol (Smiles and Laughter) said...

I must admit I like taking candid photos. Yes, people hate me! :) The good thing about being the picture taker is no one takes them of YOU. Hee Hee.

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, I love the funny signs! Why the heck won't your DMV let you see a picture of you? That seems odd. The last time the SOS, or Secretary of State (in Michigan) took my mug, they said I could have a second shot.

Ask them about it!

Have fun Friday night PBS! If it runs later than you like, make up a BS reason to make a smooth departure, then go have fun with your buddies!

Slip out the back, Jack! hehe... :)

8:32 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

LOL @ the signs, love the washing machine one!
I hate having my pic taken, katya is right, point of photo id..ie passport...drivers....work..your not meant to look like you!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I still have a work ID photo that was so good that I'd like to have it bronzed---however, they used to stop me at work and ask to see a second ID---joke's on me...

9:04 PM  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

I absolutely hate having my picture taken. The only person who ever took good pics of me is no longer my friend. It is thanks to her that the world can see me on my blog!
family doesn't get pics of me.
I love the bathroom in london note!

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogs have sprouted up to the tune of hundreds, if not thousands a day. Maybe yours will be one of those with some longivity. I'm sure it has an audience.

Rainbow Vacuum Parts information... The Rainbow Vacuum Parts site.

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came acroos your Blog & liked it. It's unique to say the least. I'm trying to put up a site--Agent Orange, but when you work with words like re-occuring symptoms of agent orange, it makes it difficult. Just venting , I guess ---Jack---

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, those candid pics grew on me. Yeah, I look like a goof, but doesn't everyone?

9:53 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Those pictures suck. You think of something funny and smile and hold it , you wait the person is looking at you, your wondering welllllllll come on.
They sit there and wait and your smile is starting to twist out of shape then when you can't hold it any more you say WELL THAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR and they take the picture while your talking and you look like a twit.
All I have to say ti the DMV is PTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
HAVE A NICE WEEKEND:D

2:55 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

I don't mind candid photos, but NOT for my official ID cards!
I couldn't get past the first couple lines of your other post because of the worm talk. Blech.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home