Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Getting ready to go

I'm getting ready for my quick trip for work. I'm bringing the same suitcase I would bring for a WEEK trip, just because I don't have a smaller one. That should have been on the list for my shopping trip last weekend. I could use a tote bag but need wheels! I already have enough work stuff to lug around, I don't really want to be carrying my clothes and stuff too.

The invitation for this trip was so last-minute that I'm missing the first session of the "Espresso Yourself" class tonight. They were OK with that, but I'm afraid that in missing the first class I'll be missing how to run the machines to make different types of coffee, and all the basics. Maybe not so bad as there seems to be a quick learning curve for that, I see brand new people in the shops who are doing as well as anyone by my next visit. All all types of people, too, it would seem most anyone could learn that skill. But then again, some people might say that about driving a stick too!

Mom and I went to see an apartment last night. It wasn't nearly as nice as here, and smaller and more expensive. My Mom didn't like how all the floors seemed to be at a different level and that there was a bump across each one of them. What's up with that? Also, that the managing company has inspections four times a year. It wasn't subsidized housing! I realize that some people are horrible slobs but that still seems far too invasive. No deal.

I do hope that we will return in time for the Cop Class. It would break my heart to miss it! I really do NOT want to miss the session on Use of Force, including the taser. It's good that I got to go to this work meeting, though. Even as a last-minute invitee.

I seriously don't think that my new cop stance and body language had anything to do with ANY of the developments. They were probably in the works for a while. It would take more than two days for people to, first notice the difference, then process the difference, and then possibly change their own behavior. Even if my new behavior was noticed in that small amount of time, others would think it a temporary change unless it persisted. Maybe it is a temporary change. We'll see.

See you in a couple of days!

12 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Travel safe my friend, look forward to your musings on your return :o)

7:19 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I'm gonna miss you! Have a nice safe trip! :)

7:24 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Enjoy your trip!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

Instead of carrying a suitcase, just wear all your clothes on the plane.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

have a great time, i want you back for the cop class so you can tell us about the taser, not that you'll be the target of course...

have a safe journey...

*hugs*

5:52 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I hope that all is going well. Look after yourself and hurry back to tell us about the taser class.

6:38 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

It may have nothing to do with it, but the way we carry ourselves does have an impact on others. I read an article on interview tips and one thing I remember about it was attitude was everything. If you smile, hold your head up, look into a person's eyes, and act positive it ups your chances of being hired.

I hope things work out with your mother, I just caught up on your posts, and I know that would drive me insane.

Enjoy your trip!!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

I'm interested in hearing more about the cop class too....

2:03 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Cop class my foot. Men in uniform is what you like LOL
Have a safe trip

3:33 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Safe trip and hurry home...want all the details. Have a really good time.

4:15 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Hope you get to enjoy yourself on this trip too.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hope you're having a nice trip. And after what you've already told us about the cop class, I can imagine you wouldn't want to miss going...it all sounds so fascinating!

See you when you get back.

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home