Friday, April 07, 2006

Casing the cops

I got up with the alarm, groggy but full of things to write. Now that I'm sitting here at the keyboard, nothing. Yesterday I made a comment on Magpie's blog (sorry, I simply must look up how to do links again!)about seeing "my" cop. There are two bridges I can take to get to my workplace. I usually take the shortest route to the oldest bridge, which goes right by the police station, and where we have those Citizens' Police Academy classes. But since Saturday when I drove by I don't only slow down (to be going at or under the speed limit!) but I look carefully at the lined up police cars to see if there is anyone I know. Tuesday I scored! Saw "my" cop getting out of his vehicle, and I waved at him. He was probably going to the station to do his paperwork for the night, as his shift ends at 8:00 a.m. and paperwork would take over an hour to complete.

I was happy and thrilled to see him until I started thinking about it. What if he thinks I'm driving by at that time on purpose? One of the major things I learned on the squad ride was how suspicious cops are about everything! It's their job to check out any abnormality or oddity. Also, I was not the only rider to become somewhat besotted with cops--so I bet women have REALLY stalked them! Pretty funny, but embarrassing, I said that I had a bit of a crush, not a major nutcase obsession! So I have to drive the long way to work now? Nah, maybe not, I'll just not do the looking and waving thing again! There are lots of vehicles that look just like mine, I'll sneak by--at the speed limit or below.

I didn't watch the news last night (often don't) so I don't know if we were on the news or not. I tried to avoid the camera as much as possible so even if they showed clips, I'm probably not on them--I hope! The women who was drafted to hold out evidence, etc. for the camera had forgotten about the "old clothes" warning. So maybe that's why the news crew picked her, she was dressed decently unlike the rest of us! She also couldn't jump in the play with the powders and such like we could either. I'm glad I remembered to wear old clothes, the experience of watching would not have been the same as doing!

Oh! It's Friday! Happy happy Friday to you!

12 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I wouldn't change my route to work...now way! You have every right to go by the station...AND to oogle "your cop". Who ever said oogling is a crime, huh? ;)

Oh, and I changed my blog post today because the voting on Denny's site doesn't start until Monday! I thought it was today!

Have a great weekend! :)

7:39 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

That's too funny! I'm sure you're definitely not the first woman to have a crush and do a "drive by" to get a glimpse of their dream man!

(I know I have!)

8:19 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

As long as you don't handcuff yourself to him, I think you should be fine. Unless you're putting out my vibe, that is.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

Have a fantastic weekend!

1:04 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I would probably do the same thing. Ok, I admit it, I have, in the past.

LOL

2:00 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

If you're going to become a stalker, you really shouldn't pick a cop you know. :)

4:35 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Funny...have a good weekend.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

PBS you are too funny! Happy Saturday in my neck of the woods, you have a fab weekend without any bathroom surprises you hear......you deserve some PBS fun time!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Didn't they tell you cops are just real people? Wave away!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

you stalker...lol - you're probably on some wanted nutter list...only joking, i wouldn't change my route to work though, just stop waving like a maniac...lol

i drive past you know who's house just to see if his car is there, how sad is that, now that is stalkerish...

:0)

2:28 AM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

just make sure it's a wave and not coming by with STARBUCKS coffee or whatsoever LOL!

4:09 AM  
Blogger Amber Lynn said...

Yeah- keep the same path. Don't change for anyone. Can you help it if your path includes a bit of eye-candy? No ma'am. You would be robbing God of his little blessing to you, see? :P

Amber

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home