Thursday, December 11, 2008

Paying the taxes

Tax Bill

Dear Internal Revenue Service:

Enclosed you will find my 2005 tax return showing that I owe $3,407.00 in taxes. Please note the attached article from the USA Today newspaper, dated 12 November, wherein you will see the Pentagon (Department of Defense) is paying $171.50 per hammer and NASA has paid $600.00 per toilet seat.

I am enclosing four (4) toilet seats (valued @ $2,400) and six (6) hammers valued @ $1,029), which I secured at Home Depot, bringing my total remittance to $3,429.00.

Please apply the overpayment of $22.00 to the "Presidential Election Fund," as noted on my return. You can do this inexpensively by sending them one (1) 1.5 " Phillips Head screw (see aforementioned article from USA Today newspaper detailing how H.U.D. pays $22.00 each for 1.5" Phillips Head Screws). One screw is enclosed for your convenience.

It has been a pleasure to pay my tax bill this year, and I look forward to paying it again next year.

Sincerely,

A Satisfied Taxpayer

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Grant said...

Ha - good one. I'm going to start leaving toilet seats as tips at my favorite restaurants.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

How much can I get for a used toilet seat?

4:02 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

It makes the mind boggle doesn't it.


BTW you are tagged
(only if you want though)

4:34 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

They must be self-cleaning toilet seats - worth their weight in gold.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Middle Ditch said...

A good way of paying. Must be fun

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. I owe the Taxation Dept this year. Do you think that will fly in Australia?

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home