Saturday, February 04, 2006

I'm a Cheesehead now

Well, we're here, moved across the border. The move was horrendous. Never again do I want to do that (mostly) alone. My son worked (at his job, not moving) every day except Tuesday, when we had the U-Haul and moved the heavy stuff Other than that, I would start early, at 6:00 a.m. or 7:00 and work until 2:00 a.m. at filling and carrying boxes. By Wednesday I was sore from head to toe, but just had to keep going, to get it done.

As it was, I did have cleaning help at the end so we worked until "only" midnight on the last day, Thursday night. Geez, it was brutal. My hands are cut up and the palms are bright red and sore, like they've been burnt. The phone installation was messed up, so while we had hoped to at least get a land line by Thursday, we don't have a phone or internet yet. There's a story behind all of tha. I'm at a cafe writing this while waiting for the Scone Club meeting. I have a goose egg on my head from being clobbered with the push lawnmower wicked wooden handle. Ouch, it dropped me to my knees amd that's the only time I lost it and started bawling.

We have a secret room in the new apartment, another story, if I can bear to relive the move someday when we get internet service at home. Despite my complaining about the awful awful move--I love our new apartment!

Hope all goes well with you all, I've missed you. Happy Weekend!

15 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Honey, you stuff your face with scones,and have as many sinful drinks as you can coz you deserve it! My goodness, you'll sleep for a week once everything is sorted!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Moving is hell---no other way to describe it, but soon it's over. Let's hope you don't have to do tht again for a while.....

10:38 PM  
Blogger Mr G said...

Now it's time to open a bottle for celebration!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can relate. lol!

4:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear how tough it all was. I've only moved once & that was before I really had any stuff. glad to hear you got there tho & cant wait to hear about the apartment.

5:17 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Well, it seems you have finally settled. It is funny how I can't even manage to get the day-to-day stuff done...I can't even imagine moving!
Good to hear, also, you have moved to the cheese-head side of the world.
Now, leave those boxes alone and have a nice frosty coctail!
~jen

7:38 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Wishing you loads and loads of happiness in your new home!

You should be treating yourself to some lovely hand cream to get your hands back to normal!

11:36 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Glad it's over for you. It just shows you how really strong you are and determined. Oh course you are suffering the pangs of the damned...but it will get better.

2:35 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

oooooo I have lost my comment!!
I am glad that you have finally moved it is some thing that I don;t fancy doing. I have just read all your comments and I suggest that you do all that they suggest...sleep, eats loads of scones, wine, cocktails and hand cream OR do all of them together .
Look after yourself and I hope that you all settle down quickly
Now a secret room !!!
xx Fizz xx

6:29 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Yikes! You deserve a medal! I hope everything falls into place soon, sounds like its headed that way.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Grant said...

Next time just burn the place to the ground and collect the insurance. :p

1:52 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Wow, you just made me really NOT want to move.

*sigh*

But I am so glad that you are in, and that you love your new place.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

ooh a secret room, now i'm intrigued...sorry that you had the moving experience from hell, hope you are more relaxed now...

*hugs*

2:29 AM  
Blogger An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

ooo secret room :)
that sounds absolutely fantastic!

xxxxxxxxxx

3:24 AM  
Blogger dot said...

I'm glad to hear about your new place. Hugs to you for having to move everything mostly by yourself. That's a tough one.

Take care.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home